Shift Guidelines for Shift Leader
From Hall D Ops Wiki
Run info logging
- Keep a list of the runs at the end of the shift summary log entry, eg https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3795057
- Keep the runs to 2h real-time at most. Calibrations drifts are noticeable after about 2h.
- Write run info into the DAQ run comments box at the start of the run and save it.
- Make sure that the paper list of runs is kept up to date.
- Half-way through each run, post the rootspy monitoring histograms to the logbook and reset them. Post the new plots at the end of the run.
- Make a screenshot of the GlueX overview CSS logentry mid-shift.
- Remind the shift worker to complete the shift checklist.
- Watch the beam monitoring stripcharts, currently using beam_instability_monitoring configuration, & post to the logbook at the end of the shift
- New, maybe temporary: if PS coincidence rates drop by 30% or more, do harp scans (MCC & ours)
- Each time the amorphous radiator is inserted, make a new AMO reference with beam on.
- Each time the diamond radiator is inserted or its orientation changed, use the nudge buttons to obtain the desired coherent edge fit value, save the new configurations as instructed in Adjusting the Peak Positions and make a screenshot logentry of the cobrems gui.
- When acknowledging alarms for mechanical and DIRC, acknowledge them at the lowest level of the tree. This is to avoid sending 'OK' messages to the on-call phones for all the branches of the tree which were not alarming.
- Make separate logbook entries for worrying alarms & contact experts as needed.
- We keep a list of requests for opportunistic access on the whiteboard. We also have to keep a list of who is actually in the hall during accesses.