Action Items Archive

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

This is a cumulative Action item list from Hall-D software meetings. Items are added as a result of discussion at the bi-weekly software meetings and are marked off as they are completed.


May 4, 2010

  1. Arrange a meeting with Eugene to discuss database work.[1] -> Mark
  2. Make a new release of sim-recon.[2] -> Mark
  3. Write out summary tracking information in HDDM -> David
  4. Run b1pi script in a weekly cron job.[3] -> Mark

April 20, 2010

  1. Talk to Graham about getting a release of EVIO.[4] -> David

April 6, 2010

  1. Automate links from CentOS5 to RHEL5, 64-bit.[5] -> Mark
  2. HOWTO enable multiple threads-> David

March 23, 2010

  1. "RedHat 5.3" link to "CentOS" for JLab builds -> Mark
  2. Check-out and run ded. -> Elliott
  3. Provide description of SOA for calibration constant versioning for the minutes. -> Elliott
  4. Link the FCAL algorithm NIM article from the FCAL page. -> Mihajlo
  5. Find an "owner" for the BCAL reconstruction code -> Mark, Matt
  6. Schedule a discussion of filtering events from bggen -> Mark
  7. Put pointers to cathode clusters in the DFDCPseudo class. -> Simon

March 9, 2010

  1. Make a new tagged release.[6] -> Mark

February 23, 2010

  1. Modify data model to allow simultaneous existence of truth info and hit info. -> David
  2. Change the default behaviour of mcsmear to not generate noise hits. -> David
  3. Write some HALLD_MY documentation.[7] -> Mark
  4. Review problems with hdgeant++ build on MacOS and report to group.[8] -> David

February 9, 2010

  1. New release of offline code.[9] -> Mark
  2. Script to do b1 analysis automatically. -> David

January 12, 2010

  1. Fix problem with the check on environment on Mac. -> David
  2. Fix the hdgeant++ in the make scheme.[10] -> Mark
  3. Document use of named pipes between hdgeant and mcsmear. [11] -> Beni

December 15, 2009

  1. Announce coding convention decision on the Offline mailing list. -> Mark

December 1, 2009

  1. Explore options for a MacOS build.[12] -> David/Mark
  2. Implement a system for auto-notification of errors from nightly build.[13] -> Mark
  3. Use DTrackTimeBased in DPhoton for neutral cluster identification. -> Matt
  4. Study whether wire-based tracking is adequate for neutral identification.[14]
  5. Propose a new high-level class structure for charged particles and photons. -> David, Simon

November 17, 2009

  1. Note the no-warning policy in the coding conventions.[15] -> Mark
  2. Put the coding standards into version control system.[16] David

November 4, 2009

  1. Schedule a presentation on OSG from Richard[17] -> Mark
  2. Schedule discussion of a "warning-free code" policy -> Craig

October 7, 2009 Software

  1. Write some coding standards for GlueX[18] -> David (1st draft)
  2. Assign priorities to offline tasks[19] -> Mark
  3. Re-work 12 GeV Project Offline Computing activities[20] -> Mark, David
  4. Put up scheduler for find a new meeting time -> David, Beni

September 23, 2009 Software

  1. Find Chuck's OCE email -> Mark
  2. Complete alternate B-field studies[21] -> David
  3. Add inner plastic cylinder to the CDC geometry -> Beni: it is a fiber glass tube with 0.5mm wall thickness
  4. Full reconstruction documentation project[22] -> Elton and David

August 12, 2009 Software

  1. We need to document the procedure for mounting work disks on JLab desktop machines.[23] -> Mark
  2. We need a policy on how to archive mechanical and electronics documents. -> Mark
  3. We should survey other groups at the lab on their group disk usage. -> Mark
  4. We need to document a simple procedure for archiving files onto the tape library.[24] -> Mark
  5. Studying an alternate geometry for the FDC -> Simon
  6. Patch the HDGeant problem with FDC index 0 -> Beni

July 29, 2009 Software

  1. have an mcsmear discussion at a future meeting:[25] David
  2. group ownership clean-up on /group/halld: Elliott
  3. understand group ownership on write from Windows: Elliott
  4. contact e-cad user at UConn: Elliott
  5. update task list[26]: Mark

July 1, 2009 Software

  1. Draft a policy on when to generate new hdparsim efficiencies. ->[27] David
  2. DRootGeom allegedly gets recompiled even if the geometry has not changed when a re-make is done.[28] -> David
  3. Review action item list and cross out items that are done (add as an agenda item).[29] (Mark)
  4. Further study on how to modify mcsmear[30] -> David
  5. Document use of -Z0 options on magnetic field web page.[31] -> David
  6. Sascha will contact Blake about the nan problem. -> Sascha

June 17, 2009 Software

  1. Introduce calorimeter smearing into mcsmear.[32]
    • Tell Matt about our discussion -> Mark
    • Consult with Matt on how this can be done -> David
  2. Add -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 switch to gcc in makefiles[33] -> David
  3. Back out tracking doca algorithm from HDGeant[34] -> David
  4. Include "arc correction" in HDGeant straw hit generation[35] -> Richard
  5. Bring back the "Action Items" agenda item in future agendas -> Mark

May 20, 2009 Software

  1. Matt Shepherd suggests having all random-number generated processes (smearing in particular) occur at a stage before the reconstruction program and to have this intermediate stage serialized. Some notes[36]

May 6, 2009 Software

  1. Schedule a discussion of documentation[37] -> Mark
  2. Remove Cerenkov from default geometry -> Sascha
  3. Check the thickness of aluminum in the straws -> Beni see [3]
  4. Make the template file the authority for HDDM[38] -> Mark

April 22, 2009 Software

  1. Finalizing the FDC geometry in the MC -> Beni
  2. Update the FDC geometry -> Simon

January 14, 2009 Software

  1. Update FCAL numbering scheme to match new policy of increases numbers with increasing lab coordinate[39] - Mihaijlo
  2. Update TOF numbering scheme to match new policy of increases numbers with increasing lab coordinate[40] - Alex O.

December 17, 2008 Software

  1. Formalize/document software release creation procedure (David L., Mark I.) [41]

December 3, 2008 Software

  1. Implement standard units header file (Matt .S) [42]
  2. Update the start counter geometry to reflect the current 40 paddle design[43] (Seems D.)
  3. Follow up on anonymous svn checkouts (David L.) [44]
  4. Turn on Moeller and Bhabha scattering by default in hdgeant (Alex S.)
  5. Update documentation on Wiki for turning on/off processes in GEANT (Alex S.) [45]

August 15, 2008 Software

  1. Organize tracking meeting between Mark, Simon, and Dave next week (Mark, Simon, and David) [46]
  2. Complete studies of CDC stereo/axial configuration to the point needed to finalize the endplate design. (David, Mark) [47]
  3. Circulate proposal for software section of collaboration meeting and finalize schedule. (David)
  4. Inquire on mailing list as to whether there is a need to change the software meeting time with the new semester (David)[48]



August 1, 2008 Software

  1. Add new items to coding conventions page (Mark)
    • All headers should have macros defined to protected from double inclusion[49]
    • Standard output should be directed to something we define (dout?) rather than cout to allow us to develop filters/handlers later[50]
    • Exceptions should be thrown using a standard exception class[51]



RTJ's talk at Oct. 2007 Collaboration Meeting

  1. Implement improved magnetic field(Richard, David)[52]
  2. Release the new reference geometry (Richard)[53]
  3. Incremental updates to geom v4 document (David)[54]
  4. Feedback on CDC changes material effects (Mihajlo)[55]
  5. Implement mag. field effects in FDC (Simon)
  6. Implement mag. field effects in FDC reconstruction (Simon)
  7. Implement new mirror geometry in hdds (Richard)[56]
  8. Implement and test new ideas in calorimetry (team)[57]



September 11,2007 Software

  1. Allow some type of anonymous checkouts from the repository without allowing anonymous check-ins. [58]



Prior to September, 2007

  1. Move Action Items list to separate wiki page
  2. Add extended target vertex distribution to pythiagen(Benni)
  3. Remove read-only password for Wiki
  4. Complete "Version 4" Simulation geometry document. (David, Simon, Richard)[59]
  5. Put updated collaboration list in DocDB and commit list to repository (Zisis)
  6. Develop system for incorporating alternative b-fields in simulation (Richard and David)[60]
  7. Look at recent FDC geometry changes (Richard)
  8. Create an easy way to produce radiation length plots and document it (David)
  9. Review the digitization scheme(s) we have now and figure out how to make them more coherent (??)[61]
  10. Remove "default" from calibration file directory path(David)
  11. Tie HDGeant and DANA constants to single source (David)[62]
  12. Output configuration parameters database from DANA[63] (David)




Notes

  1. David, Mark and Eugene met on May 18, 2010. We decided to to write Dmitri and let him know about the specification that is being written.
  2. Sent out email on May 17, 2010 announcing the new build.
  3. Ran successfully on 5/30/10. Still need to produce histograms.
  4. Spoke with Graham morning of Apr. 22,2010. He was on board, but said to bug him again in 1 week if nothing has happened.
  5. Wrote small script in scripts/build_scripts directory, 5/20/2010
  6. Release notes
  7. See HOWTO use a pre-built release
  8. statute of limitations
  9. https://mailman.jlab.org/pipermail/halld-offline/2010-February/000166.html
  10. Fix to src/programs/Simulation/hdgeant/Makefile.bms checked in at revision 5939
  11. deferred. The current implementation of hdgeant renders the use of named pipes impossible.
  12. Put on the back burner for now. MMI 2010-03-17
  13. See minutes of February 23, 2010 meeting.
  14. We decided to drop this item at a recent Offline Meeting. -- MMI 2010-03-17
  15. Added to the coding conventions wiki page, 5/20/10
  16. Coding standards[1]
  17. Richard presented a talk on this at the Januany 2010 Collaboration meeting
  18. [2]
  19. See minutes of the GlueX Offline Meeting, February 9, 2010
  20. see Offline Computing Project Management
  21. Results of this study were shown at the October 5, 2009 Tracking CDC/FDC meeting
  22. statute of limitations
  23. See HOWTO mount the Hall D work disk on your desktop Linux machine
  24. See HOWTO archive files to the tape library
  25. Presented work on FCAL at Sept. 23, 2009 Offlline meeting
  26. See the announcement of the changes.
  27. The intent of this was to get someone else to take over responsibility for the resolution/efficiency tables used by HDParSim. No one else took it up and it seems I'm still doing it (as evidenced by the recent MC studies looking at the effect of reduced B-field).
  28. Tested this on svn revision 5523 on Mac OS X, Fedora 8, and RHEL5 and none attempted an unnecessary recompile after the first "make" was complete.
  29. Not really done, but we decided it should be a responsibility of the person named in the item.
  30. This was done for the FCAL on July 9, 2009 with revision 5342
  31. This was done on June 22, 2009 on the magnetic field wiki page
  32. This was done for the FCAL on July 9, 2009 with revision 5342
  33. This was done June 19, 2009 with revision 5310
  34. This was done on June 24, 2009 with revision 5320
  35. Decision made at the November 4, 2009 meeting to defer until needed.
  36. This has become our policy.
  37. We had a discussion of documentation at the GlueX Offline Meeting, March 23, 2010
  38. See comment for revision 5196
  39. This was committed in revision 4777 on Jan. 20, 2009.
  40. This changes was committed in revisions 4697 and 4698 on Jan. 16, 2009
  41. A wiki page was written on Jan. 6th that addresses this.
  42. This had actually already been done in revision 1231 back in 2005. Updates were made in revisions 4547 and 4548 to reflect the proposal that was accepted at the Dec. 3, 2008 software meeting
  43. This was implemented with revision 5222 on May 26, 2009.
  44. This was implemented on Jan. 12
  45. This was documented in the default control.in file in revision 4640 by Alex on Dec. 23, 2008
  46. Meeting occurred on August 20th
  47. Endplate design finalized at Jan. 21, 2009 tracking meeting
  48. A mail was sent out on Aug. 19, 2008 and as of Aug. 26, 2008, there has been no response.
  49. Added to coding conventions page Aug. 18, '08
  50. See Mark's email message.
  51. Thecurrent JException class in JANA was committed on March 3, 2009 in revision 426 making it available in JANA 0.5.0
  52. This was done with revision 2796 for the reconstruction on July 22, 2007 and with revision 3260 on Feb. 4, 2008 for the simulation
  53. This was completed in Jan. of 2008
  54. The original idea of exactly what this meant is lost. The last version of the GeamV4 document was posted in Dec. 2007. This item was closed on Aug. 19, 2008
  55. This was reported on at the January 25, 2008 Software meeting by Mihajlo
  56. The Cerenkov system has been de-scoped for a while now so this item is no longer relevant. Closed on Aug. 19, 2008.
  57. The original concept behind this has since been lost. Calorimetry development has and is continuing and so by virtue of that, this item was closed Aug. 19, 2008
  58. This was implemented and apparently working fine as of the Jan. 14, 2009 Software Meeting
  59. This was completed with GlueX-doc-853-v8 on Dec. 10, 2007
  60. This was completed with svn revision 3260 on Feb. 4, 2008
  61. This was discussed quite sometime ago (now is March 9, 2010). It was decided to move all random number generation outside of the reconstruction code and into either mcsmear (preferred) or hdgeant. At this point in time, only the BCAL smearing is still in DANA.
  62. This was completed with svn revision 3260 on Feb. 4, 2008
  63. This was committed to the JANA repository initially on March 4, 2009 as revision 433 and bug fix committed on March 31, 2009 as revision 455. The --dumpcalibrations feature is available as of JANA 0.5.1.