Apr 07, 2011 Calibration/Monitoring
Teleconference Time: 08:00 CST (Regina) / 10:00 EDT / 16:00 GMT+2 (Athens)
- Connection: ESNET
- Monitoring R&D issues for the relative gain calibration and monitoring system for the calorimeters and possibly other detector systems.
- Calibration Specifications Table for BCAL, FCAL, TOF and START
- Calibration and Monitoring System Meetings Previous minutes
- Can George calculate the % deviation from linearity on his plot?
USM should be contacted to send more LGs to Athens: Athens has requested 15 units, 12 for one side and 3 for the opposing side of the baby cal. Regina is working on its request.
Christina will probe Kappos for cabling and other board issues.
- BCAL Fibre location and angle, as well as mounting sequence should be flushed out. (Zisis)
- MoU Progress
- Monitoring system concepts
Attendees: Christina (Athens), Elton (JLab), Zisis (Regina)
- Kappos gave a quote for 2 LPCM boards running 40 LED boards: euro 1600/$2700->$3000 including consumables. Very reasonable.
- Elton will look into breaking off a small part of the contract soon, to allow work to proceed.
- A piece of Plexiglas existed at Athens an will be polished.
- Technical aspects:
- BCAL will have a single colour LED and 4 wires running 10 LEDs each on one LPCM controller board.
- Fibre location and angle, as well as mounting sequence should be flushed out.
- FCAL uses 4 colour but the same LPCM controller board and same LED boards. +5V, GRND, bias. LED board mounting for FCAL will probably work. The LPCM can drive different colour LEDs.
- It has been sent to the central offices.
- The Monitoring will be handled via a Fixed Price Contract.
- Elton circulated the SOW and we discussed issues.
- Christine stipulated that June is the best month to get all prototyping done before summer holidays.