BCAL Reconstruction Meeting 2013-08-20
Teleconference Time: 11:15 a.m. EDT
- ESNET (Number is 8542553) and EVO session (GlueX Calorimetry meeting room)
- Phone connection only upon request.
- +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
- or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
- Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204
- BCAL Reconstruction Issues
- BCAL Reconstruction Algorithms
- Will to check whether second cluster appears mostly in the outer layers, due to the "curving" of the shower.
- Introduce FPGA timing algorithm to derive hit times from fADC
- Gather reconstruction conditions for outer layers on the Wiki.
- Action Items
- Discuss and prioritize the Reconstruction Issues and produce a timetable for the work.
- Any other business
Attendees: Dave L., Will L., Andrei S., Zisis P.
- Action Items:
- FPGA: 125 unit will be used for the chambers. Coupling and time-amplitude redundant bits can be saved for offline analysis on slot no, etc. 250 unit instead of having two indepedent words, write out two that are coupled together. Wait for 125 design spec to settle before deciding to put it in the 250.
- Announcement: The online data challenge will take place next week in the Hall D counting house. It will run like a test beam (Shaun Dobbs will help). The full run plan is on the web.Elliott's run-monitoring histos will be tested. Dl is updating those to add a TDC hit and lower-layer digitized obkects. This will be done using the DIGI classes, with consistent naming. These digitized objects will not be in natural units of GeV etc. This method is standard for all detector systems and the BCAL will be brought along the same lines. Does the full dynamic range fit in the 12 bits of the FADC? After the data challenge a review of what was learned will be done. Will noted that mcsmear is now in ADC units.
- Digitization: David explained that the crate, slot, channel numbers have a traslation table applied so that we obtain our indexing scheme that leads to BCAL(module, sector, layer, end). EVIO reads integrated pulse and time (low level) abd is processed via DBCALDigiHit (same units as Flash but has indexing). The third stage of processing then calibrates this into physical units.
- Updates: Will is working on making the energy corrections more automated -- they are not standardized right now. In this manner, when we go to Geant4 we don have to hunt for changes in the code, line by line. The changes he is looking at are not calibration constant types. Rather they apply at the cluster level and depend on (E,theta). DL: The constant types are either a) calibration constants, b) configuration parameters, c) geometry parameters related via XML. Will wonders how this will all work with real data. Andrei said that this is part of the exercise during engineering runs and at the cluster level we need to correct for (E,theta). The parameters will be mostly contained in ccdb.
- Discuss and prioritize the Reconstruction Issues and produce a timetable for the work: not done.
- Any other business: noe