GlueX Offline Meeting, December 13, 2017
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
11:00 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- Review of minutes from the last meeting (all)
- Review of recent pull requests (all)
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Action Item Review (all)
- The BlueJeans meeting number is 968 592 007 .
- Join the Meeting via BlueJeans
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2017 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2017/ .
- FSU : Sean Dobbs
- JLab: : Alex Austregesilo, Thomas Britton, Hovanes Egiyan, Mark Ito (chair), Richard Jones, Mahmoud Kamel, Justin Stevens, Beni Zihlmann
- Yerevan : Hrach Marukyan
- MCwrapper 1.11. Some bugs were fixed, BGRATE calculator now working. Version 1.12 on the way.
- Geometry from CCDB. Sean went over the description of the new feature. Each HDDS XML file is a separate type in the CCDB.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We reviewed the minutes from November 15. Unfortunately, we should have been reviewing the meeting on November 29. No matter; we did establish that people seem happy with the new work disk. At least no complaints have been lodged.
Review of recent pull requests
We went over the list.
- Richard checked in a fix that restores the ability of HDGeant to read in a file that it had previously output, and re-simulate the events.
- Richard created a branch of HDGeant4, primary_pion_zapper to support Mike McCracken's study of decaying pions. Mike wanted events rich in decaying pions, without simply shortening the pion lifetime in the simulation, which would give an artificial spatial distribution of decays. See also the discussion on the software help list
Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List
We went over items from the last two weeks.
- Sean told us that the missing channels in translation table error that Matt Shepherd reported was due to the trigger routine masking FCAL channels, as it does on real data.
- On an only-tangentially-related topic, Sean mentioned that we are overdue for a new release of CCDB. There are useful features on the master branch that are not present in any release thus far.