GlueX PID Meeting, January 17, 2019
Meetings are every other Thursday at 10am. Room L207 for those at jlab
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/198066682.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 18.104.22.168 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 198066682.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 198066682.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- Work packages
- Channels for PID Studies (Sean)
- Action Item update:
- PID FOM File:Pidfom update.pdf(Simon)
- Multivariate method (Daniel)
- Action Item Recap
- Multivariate method (rho, Ks, Jpsi)
- PID FOM (rho, Ks, Jpsi)
@ JLAB: Mark I., Mark D., Sean, Thomas, Simon, Beni, Daniel. online: Naomi
Sean showed a few slides for various useful channels for PID studies (plans to skim). He showed a very clean Ks signal (for pions) with a claim that ver03 reconstruction yields ~8x the events. Also shown was a decent Lambda reaction which has low p pions and protons at intermediate angles. Sets look promising
Simon showed a few slides on progress with PID FOM. He is currently only looking at protons but has started looking at FDC DE/DX and SC DE/DX. While he notes that statistics are fairly low in the FDC and the SC is only viable for protons his early results are promising as cutting on the combined CL yields yields a band of protons that does not seem to contain the pion band. looking good
Daniel mentioned looking at algorithm selection to avoid over fitting and the like.
Beni pushed for a standardization of cuts to form a starting point for analyses. Discussions were had, will be added to the goals. Most agree some standardization is good. What that standardization is remains a point of contention. Will cross the bridge fully when we come to it