GlueX TOF Meeting, December 1, 2015
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
11:00 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F326/327
- Hot Check-Out Done
- Loan TJNAF#44283 to Florida State: extension requested
- Review of minutes from November 17
- Calibration Status FSU
- Calibration Status JLab
- The BlueJeans Meeting number is 350 531 998.
- Enter BlueJeans Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2015 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2015/ .
- FSU: Hussein Al Ghoul, Brad Cannon, Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov, Aristeidis Tsaris
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- Mark performed the Hot Checkout procedure and moved the TOF to "ready" status on ???. He did not take; data directly for this purpose, but consulted with Sasha, who has been taking a lot of cosmic data recently and certified that all of the electronic channels are showing up in the data stream.
- Paul responded to Mark about Loan TJNAF#44283 to Florida State. FSU would like to extend the loan and the request has been submitted to Property.
Calibration Status FSU
Sasha gave the report. He is done with cosmic data taking. He collected 180 M events. Of those 100 k have tracks with 5 hit modules or more. The JANA reconstruction[?] was losing events without using a custom database. This is needed because of timing differences between beam and cosmic triggers. He is working on implementing that now.
Calibration Status JLab
Beni reported on two areas of work.
- He started looking at equalizing the time bin width of the CAEN TDCs. He has code that will measure the relative population of the four lowest-order bit patterns, but he is not getting reproducible results at present. He is using the new driver from Bryan Moffit to access the control registers.
- He has made some progress on the energy calibration. He is seeing a problem where correcting for attenuation (using two exponentials) using measured values is not giving good results across the length of a given counter. In some cases he is seeing double peaks. More study is needed.