GlueX TOF Meeting, January 29, 2020
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
10:00 am EST
JLab: TEDF, Room 2561b
BlueJeans: 350 531 998
- Review of minutes from the last meeting
- Detector Status
- Software Issues
- TOF NIM paper
- Action Item Recap
- FSU: Edmundo Barriga
- JLab: Mark Ito, Sasha Ostrovidov, Beni Zihlmann
Beni reported on the calibration of the current run.
- The code works now with the new geometry.
- He has gone through the steps of the procedure multiple times.
- There still may be some checks to do on the code.
- The walk correction is key: without a good walk correction subsequent steps are useless.
- A reconstruction job using the new constants was tried. Pions greater than 1.0 GeV/c are required to match TOF points to within 13 cm in x and y. Many histograms are empty, some only partially filled. This is work in progress.
Sasha reports that work continues on the NIM paper, though not at a blazing fast pace. Further discussion is needed.