GlueX Software Meeting, February 18, 2020
GlueX Software Meeting
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
3:30 pm EST
JLab: CEBAF Center A110
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting (all)
- Review of recent issues and pull requests:
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Action Item Review (all)
- CMU: Naomi Jarvis
- FSU: Edmundo Barriga, Sean Dobbs
- JLab: Alex Austregesilo, Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, David Lawrence, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of his meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
- New version set: version_4.15.0.xml This version set contains the fix from Alex to picking the correct RF bucket in the analysis library. Alex reports that there may be room for improvement in the algorithm.
- Reconstruction-Launch-Compatible Version Sets for halld_sim 4.13.0 These go along with the version set in the previous announcement.
- Deprecating DIST in favor of HALLD_VERSIONS for version.xml files The location of our version.xml files is moving.
Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting
We reviewed the minutes from the meeting on February 4.
Mark reminded us that all of our old files on the volatile disk will disappear on March 4.
Review of recent issues and pull requests
- Igal reported a problem he has seen with HDGeant4 and simulation of data with the old TOF geometry. He will create an issue on the HDGeant4 GitHub site.
- Mark outlined some of the details of the plan to upgrade to CCDB 2.0. See his notes on the discussion with Dmitry Romanov.
- Naomi proposes deleting tables that have never been used when we transition to CCDB 2.0. Indeed this can be done if they have never been used.
- Many of the issues on the RCDB GitHub page have to do with missing or incorrect constants in the database. Mark will submit an issue asking for guidance on how we can maintain data integrity independent of Dmitry.
Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List
Action Item Review
- Submit an HDGeant4 issue on TOF backward compatibility. (Igal)
- Submit an RCDB issue on data maintenance self-help. (Mark)
- Follow up with Dakota on his simulation issue. (Mark)