HDGeant4 Meeting, May 21, 2019
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
3:00 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, A110
- JLab: Alex Austregesilo, Thomas Britton, Sean Dobbs, Tolga Erbora, Mark Ito (chair), Justin Stevens, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- UConn: Richard Jones
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to get access.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from the April 23rd meeting. The only point discussed was the future of these meetings. We agreed that they should go on with pretty much the same frequency and pretty much the same set of topics as they have in the past. Stay the course!
Issues on GitHub
We went over issued for HDGeant4
- Segfault #110 opened 7 days ago by nsjarvis
- G4Exception crash after Curve length mis-match #109 opened 25 days ago by nsjarvis
- Crash after GetHadronicInteraction no model found #108 opened 25 days ago by nsjarvis
- There is a suspicion that these three issues are related to the version of geometry being used. We will follow up with nsjarvis.
- Feature request - progress indicator #107 opened 27 days ago by nsjarvis
- We agreed that the classic HDGeant logarithmic event count report would be good for HDGeant4 as well.
- Reading in # events and source #105 opened on Apr 19 by nsjarvis
- Run number read in from two places is confusing #104 opened on Apr 19 by nsjarvis
- Skip (in control.in) is ignored #103 opened on Apr 19 by nsjarvis
- Terminal cleanup? #102 opened on Apr 18 by mashephe
- These four issues were discussed at the last meeting. We have a plan for their resolution.
- Calorimeter timing mismatch between g3 and g4 #93 opened on Feb 28 by aaust
- Richard pointed out the mcsmear is not operating on the recommended HDDM elements being output by HDGeant4 for BCAL energy. Until that change is made, comparisons can only be done with obsolete quantities. He will make the change in mcsmear and will push it as a new branch of halld_sim. Alex and others can then use the branch to repeat their studies.
- Hit Energy Agreement #89 opened on Feb 26 by ReBarsotti
- This issue is on hold until studies can be repeated with the latest software.
Possible Issues from the Collaboration Meeting
We discussed various plots shown and talks given at last week's Collaboration Meeting and MC Comparison Workshop.
- In Colin Gleason's talk on ηπ he showed acceptance vs. cosθGJ for both G3 and G4. Differences were significant.
- Mark's Software Talk, he showed a plot from Peter Pauli showing β vs. p for K−'s where there were large differences between G3 and G4.
- Many of the talks in the Workshop on Comparison of Data and Monte Carlo showed G3 and G4 comparisons.
We agreed to turn these into issues on hdgeant4 GitHub site. For the talks at the Workshop we assigned an ambassador to each of the speakers charged with contacting the speaker to see if they have relevant issues: