Pi0 Polarizability Meeting Apr 23, 2021

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Information

Meeting Time And Location

11:00 am ET (JLab time)



You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above

Action Items

  1. Read new draft of Sergey's paper (Elton and Rory) Both Elton and Rory provided comments

Tentative Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Action Items
  3. Theory Update
    • Status and plans for documenting theoretical work
  4. Calculations by Sergey Gevorkyan
  5. Gevorkyan et al PRC 80 (2009) 055201
  6. Experiment Update
  7. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  8. Trigger
  9. Other business
  10. Next meeting


Attending: Alex, Beni, Elton, Rory, Ilya, Mark, Jose

  1. Announcements
    • JLab seminar at noon is on g-2
  2. Action Items
  3. Experiment Update
  4. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
    • Elton reviewed paragraphs related to MWPC rates and data rates.
    • The draft was updated based on feedback from Ilya and Rory.
    • Beni noted that the thresholds for the TOF are well-below the Landau Peak and are already as low as possible above noise to maximize efficiency. We do not expect to lower them for CPP.
    • We drafted a response to the question about data rates, using the typical rates from GlueX I, which should be typical for CPP. No changes are expected due to TOF thresholds.
  5. X-rays in beam, see Log Entry 3618696
    • We sent some time on the GlueX experience with X-rays in the beam
    • It is unclear how this background may affect CPP, as it is heavily shielded by iron absorbers. Also the Pb target may be an effective filter.
    • We might wish to add a test plan during commissioning to study this background
    • Rory mentioned that Mainz has some experience with "hardening photon beams" by adding material as generate a low-energy photon cutoff.
  6. Theory Update (Jose)
    • Jose plans to complete work and document effort for the proposal.
    • He should be able to update us toward the end of the summer.
    • There are two promising undergraduates students that will work with him next fall. They will complete any unfinished calculations and fill in the documentation. It should be a nice project for them.
    • Status and plans for documenting theoretical work
  7. Calculations by Sergey Gevorkyan
    • Gevorkyan et al PRC 80 (2009) 055201
    • Elton: Sent comments via email this morning. The draft is converging. Keeping the appendix may be useful for consistency and support of detailed equations.
    • Rory: Should review the discussion around Eq. 6, where the limit is taken for large 2pi mass.
    • Rory: suggests to add data points to Fig. 3, which would add credibility to the calculation.
    • Ilya is in touch with Sergey, who is responding to several small questions.
  8. Trigger
  9. Other business
    • Rory: Eugene responded to inquiry about procedure for moving MWPCs to JLab. Here is his response
As far as I understand:
- The visit and work on site has to be approved by AD
- They have to follow the registration procedure
- In order not to stay in a local quarantine after arrival they need to be fully vaccinated 
       (the certificate may need to be presented to the Occupational MED)
- They have to do all the training including the MEDCON training, TOSP, and follow the rules 
       (masks, distancing etc)
- One has to figure out if they need to work at <6ft distance from each other. In such a case 
       PPE is needed (another training etc).
- To start the paperwork we need a more or less detailed plan.
    • Beni agreed to draft a plan for receiving and testing the MWPCs. He will enter it into the HDList.
    • Beni has gotten the ok to receive and test the MWPCs in EEL-126, where electronics and DAQ is available. The electronics lab is nearby. [Vlad has a test setup there.]
  1. Next meeting
    • May 7, 11:00 am.