Pi0 Polarizability Meeting Jul 10, 2020

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Information

Meeting Time And Location

10:00 am ET (JLab time)



You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above

Action Items

  1. ChiPT calculation to one loop with Coulomb photon (Svetlana and Aleks)
  2. BGGEN simulations of incoherent backgrounds (Mark)

Tentative Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Action Items
  3. Feedback from collaboration review
  4. Theory update
  5. PAC Submission
    • PAC presentation
  6. Other business
  7. Next meeting


Attending: Jose, Mark, Elton, Rory, Ilya

  1. Announcements
  2. Action Items
  3. Feedback from collaboration review
    • The GlueX collaborationrequires that persons on a collaboration proposal "...must be members of the GlueX Collaboration, or have a plan approved by the EG and CB for joining the Collaboration and participating in ongoing GlueX experiments."
    • Matt (Shepherd) sent us examples of letters that have been used for the collaboration board to endorse members. Rory has sent the examples to Phil Martel and Dave Hornidge. Phil as provided a letter and Dave is expected to do this soon.
    • Rory will send the letters to Matt, so that the process for approval and voting on the NPP proposal can proceed.
  4. Theory update
    • Ilya: Serguei has sent a document detailing how to calculate the nuclear coherent production for NPP with instructions to Ilya on how to do the computation. Ilya expects to have some results by the next meeting.
  5. PAC Submission
    1. BGGEN backgrounds
      • Mark: 1M BGGEN (minimum bias) events were generated to investigate if there are hadronic interactions that leak into the signal.
      • The analysis of these events needs to be worked out as well as the normalization.
      • Elton and Mark will meet next week and figure out how to complete the background estimation
    2. Effect of DIRC on NPP
      • Elton: It might be useful to simulate the effect of DIRC on NPP, as we have been asked by Justin.
      • Ilya: DIRC is about 25% r.l. and very non-uniform. [Note by Elton: The quartz is 17.25 mm thick, or about 14% of a r.l.]. This geometry will be likely difficult to simulate precisely and lead to (large) systematic uncertainties.
      • Rory: PAC will probably not raise this issue since the preferred option for CPP is to run with the DIRC out.
      • Ilya: It might be useful to take some limited data (during the experiment) with the DIRC installed to estimate effect of kaon contamination in the pion sample.
    3. PAC presentation: PAC meets the week of Aug 10 and will be remote this year. Scheduling of presentations is being worked out since it will require participation of persons in different time zones. The schedule will be made available once it is worked out.
  6. Other business
  7. Next meeting
    • Friday July 17, 10 am.