September 2, 2021 KLONG Design Meeting
Meeting Time and Place
Thursday September 2, 2021, 1pm Bluejeans https://bluejeans.com/465620466
- Present - Hovanes Egiyan, Moskov Amaryan, Stephanie Worthington, Keith Harding, Igor Strakovsky, Tim Whitlatch, Mark Stevens, Johan Messchendorp
- Minutes from last meeting https://halldweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/August_19,_2021_KLONG_Design_Meeting
- Beryllium sealing - ongoing discussions with RadCon
- Poly compression - will put steel standoffs to prevent compression over time on the bottom sheet
- Preliminary 3D Model
- Collimator Cave Beamline
- Shield wall at mout of collimator is 5 cm currently, do we need 10cm?
- Heat absorbed by Be and Tungsten (.6kw and 6Kw respectively)Johan study?
- Cool tungsten plug to below temperature that affects lead (327°C)
- 5 cm beam tube to PS and 6 cm to final target
- Moveable out of beamline
- Be 98% pure or better
- Steel standoffs in bottom poly sheet
- 250 micron al windows
Minutes and Action Items
- Looking at 3D model of collimator cave. The 2 partial shield walls should have 10 cm lead on the downstream face of the concrete
- discussed using 6 cm beampipe through wall at the mouth of the collimator cave. Need to make sure we can fit this.
- decided to use aluminum windows to isolate the vacuum in the beamline. 250 microns ok
- 10 cm distance from beryllium target to downstream vacuum window of.
- we will need to remove the vacuum chamber from the pair spec magnet and replace with a 6cm beam pipe
- use 5mm gap between beryllium and tungsten
- Received quotes for $28K and $11K for 98% pure beryllium, ok to use as little as 90% pure, will seek an additional quote
- need to look at thermal conductivity of whatever beryllium alloy is used
- Moskov asked if we should plan for 24 GeV beam requirement. Eugene thought this should be treated separately.
- Look at strength and deflection of base structure - Tim
- Check to see if 6 cm pipe can fit through the shield wall at the collimator cave - Keith, Tim
- Check overall dimensions of the collimator cave to compare to 3D model - Keith
- Get Quote for 90% beryllium - Tim
- Continue working on collimator cave 3D model - Keith