TOF DAQ Planning Meeting, July 8, 2014
Time-of-Flight DAQ Planning Meeting
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
1:30 pm EDT
JLab: Hall D Counting House
- BlueJeans Meeting Number: 345 685 666
- Enter BlueJeans Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2014-3Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2014-3Q/ .
- FSU: Brad Cannon, Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov, Aristeidis Tsaris
- JLab: Hussein Al Ghoul, Sergey Furletov, Mark Ito (chair), Sascha Somov, Mike Staib, Beni Zihlmann
Aristeidis showed an simulated event that has the TOF geometry incorporated. ADC hits are shown on the ends. TDC hits will be drawn as bars with and indicator along the length positioned by the time difference.
Work in the Hall
Hussein reported that the bad splitter has been replaced. He needs to take data to confirm the fix.
TOF Cosmic Trigger
Sascha showed an event taken with the cosmic trigger. ADC raw pulses are shown. New this time is the TDC information. The uncalibrated time difference was used to determine hit position, indicated with a red dot, and it does a pretty good job despite lack of calibration.
The trigger is sent out of the front panel of the CTP and goes into the TI as an external trigger.
Sasha reported on problems found and fixed:
- A TDC, which receives two sets of 16 channels from separate discriminators, had those two sets swapped.
- The pedestal values had to be reset with another calibration run. Some of them seem to have drifted.
- One of the flashes had a bad ADC data bit for all 32 channels. The board was replaced.
- The flashes needed a firmware update.
Data Acquisition Tasks
We reviewed a long list of possible areas for work. There was some discussion:
- David reported that we would have the ability to read both forms of TOF data into JANA very soon.
- The FSU team is keen to get the discriminator scalar read-out going. We decided to try and get the code from Sergey Boiarinov to do this. Although eventually these values will be served out by EPICS, that step is not necessary right now. Sergey F. will talk to Sergey B.
Hussein is going back to Florida tomorrow. Paul and Sasha O. will be at JLab next week.
We briefly discussed going to weekly TOF meetings for a while. The next bi-weekly meeting is just over a week away; we will discuss it further then.