Π polarizability Meeting Apr 14, 2021

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 11:12, 14 April 2021 by Elton (Talk | contribs) (Minutes)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Time And Location

09:00 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting

REMOTE during Covid-19

Connecting

You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above



Action Items

Preliminary Agenda

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Apr 7, 2021
  2. Announcements
  3. Action Items
  4. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  5. Responses to the ERR. This link points to the draft response to the ERR.
    1. MWPCs (fabrication, testing) (Rory)
    2. Trigger rates (beam test analysis, expectation with target pulled back) (Ilya)
    3. Hdgeant4 (initial setup and plan for running simulations) (Mark and Beni + moral support from David)
    4. Analysis (low level reconstruction, monitoring) (David to write paragraph)
    5. CDC Coverage of electronics by one crate (Beni)
    6. MWPC gas system
    7. Tracking / extrapolation to MWPCs (Simon)
    8. Higher level analysis (e.g. PID, efficiencies and reconstruction) (Rory)
    9. Rates in MWPCs (Ilya)
    10. Microscope move (Elton)
      • Meeting with Richard and Jim on April 12 @ 1:30 pm.
      • By straddling the vacuum chamber support, we can move the microscope downstream by 280 cm.
    11. Timeline to publication
    12. Table of responsibilities
  6. GlueX Data Analysis
  7. CPP Software
  8. PID + AI
  9. Other business
  10. Next meeting

Minutes

Attending:Elton, Albert, Andrew, Beni, Ilya, Mark, Rory

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Apr 14, 2021
  2. Announcements
  3. Action Items
  4. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  5. Responses to the ERR. This link points to the draft response to the ERR.
    1. MWPCs (fabrication, testing) (Rory)
      • Good progress. Two more sections more.
      • Started stringing the 8th (last) MWPC last week, now that students are back on campus
      • Elton: We should create single-page summary of MWPC, as was done for all previous GlueX detector systems. See GlueX-doc-2376
    2. Trigger rates (beam test analysis, expectation with target pulled back) (Ilya)
      • Ilya presented new calculations showing that the rates increase by about 15% when the target is retracted from 65 cm (nominal GlueX) to 1 cm.
      • He continues to run MC studying the target dependence for the signal.
    3. Hdgeant4 (initial setup and plan for running simulations) (Beni)
      • The orientation of the MWPC wire planes has been implemented. Bugs in the code have been fixed related to incorrect units (mm vs cm). Pull request should fix them.
      • The geometry xml files have been created, but not yet loaded into ccdb. The program hangs, but Richard has been notified.
      • Mark and Beni will take a look at the program output.
    4. Analysis (low level reconstruction, monitoring)
      • Text has been added to the response to address the committee's concerns
    5. CDC Coverage of electronics by one crate (Beni)
    6. MWPC gas system
      • A new gas mixing system will be some effort.
      • Buying premixed gas might be more straightforward, but carries schedule risk and direct cost.
      • Rory estimates that we would consume 1 bottle every 2 days. Experience shows that there is several week delivery time.
    7. Tracking / extrapolation to MWPCs (Simon)
      • No report. Needs working MC.
    8. Higher level analysis (e.g. PID, efficiencies and reconstruction) (Rory)
      • Text has been added to the response to address the committee's concerns
    9. Rates in MWPCs (Ilya)
      • Estimates can be taken from the work to study the effect of joints in the iron casing for the Pb. The estimate for beam leakage is about 1 KHz.
      • Ilya will collect information into one place.
    10. Microscope move (Elton)
    11. Timeline to publication
      • Updated version was reviewed. The main change was to increase the time for the CPP publication by 1 quarter relative to NPP, since the goal of 1% on the CPP cross section is likely require more time than the 5% NPP measurement.
    12. Table of responsibilities
      • Table revisited. Beni suggested adding a line for the testing in the EEL
  6. GlueX Data Analysis (Andrew)
    • Presented an update on the discrepancy (~4%) of elasticity between data and MC. The discrepancy increases with track momentum.
    • Andrew will use his data to determine a non-linear correction, which could be used to correct the e+e- data.
    • Ilya: Note that the FCAL response to electrons is slightly different than to photons at the percent level. It is still useful to determine the corrections for electrons (positrons).
    • This correction will be presented at the next calorimeter meeting.
  7. CPP Software
  8. PID + AI
  9. Other business
  10. Next meeting