Difference between revisions of "Π polarizability Meeting Jan 13, 2021"
(→Draft Response to Charge)
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
== Action Items ==
== Action Items ==
== Agenda ==
== Agenda ==
Latest revision as of 17:33, 19 January 2021
Meeting Time And Location
9:00 EST (JLab time)
REMOTE during Covid-19
You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- Meeting ID: 949 429 419
- (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via iOS or Android App:
- Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: (408) 740-7256 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 18.104.22.168 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Previous meeting: Jan 6, 2021
- Action Items
- CPP and NPP Readiness Review
- Beam test
- Data Analysis
- PID + AI
- Other business
- Next meeting
Attending: Kishan Rajput (welcome!), Elton, Rory, David, Ilya, Andrew, Beni
- Kishan and David met with Andrew and discussed the AI efforts for use on PID issues. Kishan was introduced and gave a quick update on status.
- The remainder of the meeting was devoted to reviewing the items in the preliminary charge for the CPP-NPP ERR. Below are some notes on each of these items
Draft Response to Charge
1. What are the running conditions for the experiments? Please state clearly the target, detectors, beamline configurations and operation as well as the integration of the Muon Detector (for E12-13-008) in Hall D. Has the detectors ownership, maintenance and control during beam operations been defined?
- Table of running conditions compared to GlueX - Rough run plan including trigger studies, commissioning of picture-frame shield, radiation/environment in Hall D with lead target
2. What is the status/performance requirements of the new installations required for these experiments? Specifically:
- The Multi-wire proportional chambers
- The downstream platform, support structure and iron absorbers
- The Pb target
- The new trigger configuration (for E12-13-008)
- Add electronics borrowed from CDC - Cabling preparations - target and empty target operation - movement of microscope to 6 GeV Peak position
3. If not completed, what are the completion/commissioning schedules, tasks and user commitment?
- Primary uncertainty is the trigger. We need to get some feedback from Hai and Sasha (Beni)
4. Are there any potential non-standard hazards or tasks, for example is there any temporary structure needed for the experiments that require access?
- Use of lead target for first time in Hall D. [SRC experiment will use targets up to Carbon] - Access and maintenance of FCAL during CPP
5. What are the expected data rates for the experiments (both physics data rate and background rates)?
- Summarize information from Ilya's notes
6. Are the responsibilities for carrying out each job identified, and are the manpower and other resources necessary to complete them on time in place?
- Each subproject needs to be outlined for schedule with assigned manpower (resource-loaded schedule)
7. Are the beam commissioning procedures and machine protection systems sufficiently defined for this stage?
- Need to think through impact of new lead target as well as new position (z=1 cm) - How is radiation in Hall affected? - What about the air gap between target and FDC? He bag? - commissioning of trigger - adjustment of the picture-frame shield - full and empty target data
8. What is the simulation and data analysis software status for the experiment? Has readiness for expedient analysis of the data been demonstrated? What is the projected timeline for the first publication?
- See updates on Amplitude analysis (Elton) and ML approaches to PID (Andrew)
9. What is the status of the specific documentation and procedures (COO, ESAD, RSAD, ERG, OSP’s, operation manuals, etc.) to run the experiments?
- COO, standard - ESAD, new section on muon detector; develop along with detector OSP - RSAD, need coordination with RadCon. Note that there are some commonalities with the SRC experiment and we should leverage them. - ERG, standard - OSP for detector; also need revision to the Procedure for Maintenance of the FCAL - Operation manuals; updates of wiki based on detector OSP.