Π polarizability Meeting Jan 13, 2021
Meeting Time And Location
9:00 EST (JLab time)
REMOTE during Covid-19
You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- Meeting ID: 949 429 419
- (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via iOS or Android App:
- Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: (408) 740-7256 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 220.127.116.11 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Prepare a Trigger Specifications document (TOF for CPP and Cal for NPP) for Hai Dong (Beni and Ilya)
- Previous meeting: Jan 6, 2021
- Action Items
- CPP and NPP Readiness Review
- Beam test
- Data Analysis
- PID + AI
- Other business
- Next meeting
Attending: Kishan Rajput (welcome!), Elton, Rory, David, Ilya, Andrew, Beni
- Kishan and David met with Andrew and discussed the AI efforts for use on PID issues. Kishan was introduced and gave a quick update on status.
- The remainder of the meeting was devoted to reviewing the items in the preliminary charge for the CPP-NPP ERR. Below are some notes on each of these items
Draft Response to Charge1. What are the running conditions for the experiments? Please state clearly the target, detectors, beamline configurations and operation as well as the integration of the Muon Detector (for E12-13-008) in Hall D. Has the detectors ownership, maintenance and control during beam operations been defined?
2. What is the status/performance requirements of the new installations required for these experiments? Specifically:
- The Multi-wire proportional chambers
- The downstream platform, support structure and iron absorbers
- The Pb target
- The new trigger configuration (for E12-13-008)
<p> 4. Are there any potential non-standard hazards or tasks, for example is there any temporary structure needed for the experiments that require access?
<p> 5. What are the expected data rates for the experiments (both physics data rate and background rates)?
<p> 6. Are the responsibilities for carrying out each job identified, and are the manpower and other resources necessary to complete them on time in place?
<p> 7. Are the beam commissioning procedures and machine protection systems sufficiently defined for this stage?
<p> 8. What is the simulation and data analysis software status for the experiment? Has readiness for expedient analysis of the data been demonstrated? What is the projected timeline for the first publication?
<p> 9. What is the status of the specific documentation and procedures (COO, ESAD, RSAD, ERG, OSP’s, operation manuals, etc.) to run the experiments?