Difference between revisions of "Π polarizability Meeting Jul 14, 2021"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Preliminary Agenda)
(Minutes)
 
Line 61: Line 61:
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
'' Attending:
+
'' Attending: Albert, Alex, Andrew, Beni, David, Elton, Ilya, Mark, Rory
  
 
# Previous CPP meeting: [[π polarizability Meeting Jul 7, 2021|Jul 7, 2021]]
 
# Previous CPP meeting: [[π polarizability Meeting Jul 7, 2021|Jul 7, 2021]]

Latest revision as of 10:33, 14 July 2021

Meeting Time And Location

09:00 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting

REMOTE during Covid-19

Connecting

You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above



Action Items

  1. Determine data sample that can find scale factor appropriate for adding Cerenkov light into Fcal block energy. (Elton and Andrew)
  2. Implementation of TOF trigger into analysis (Simon and Ilya)

Preliminary Agenda

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Jul 7, 2021
  2. Announcements
  3. Action Items
  4. MWPC Testing
  5. hdgeant4 updates (Beni and Simon)
  6. GlueX Data Analysis
  7. CPP Simulations
  8. C++ classes for 208Pb FFs (Discussion) Richard will translate into C++.
  9. PID + AI
  10. Other business
  11. Next meeting

Minutes

Attending: Albert, Alex, Andrew, Beni, David, Elton, Ilya, Mark, Rory

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Jul 7, 2021
  2. Announcements
    • Beni: Highlighted circulated email, which clarified that US visit permits are extended to 2023, foreign visit permits till 2022.
  3. Action Items
    1. Sample to study response in light guide. Elton has cached the 2017 skimmed omega sample, which should be useful for this study.
    2. Beni: Simon has been working on implementing the simulation of the CPP trigger and is making progress, but is on vacation this week
  4. MWPC Testing
    1. Status of preparations (Beni)
      • One MWPC has been placed flat on two lab tables
      • Chris Stanislav is working on the LV connections
      • Serguei is working on getting the DAQ up and running. Some issues,but the system is getting set up. Need to setup one half of the crate with the 125 MHz clock and the other side with the 250 MHz clock.
      • Have 2 Flash-125 in hand. Need to obtain a Flash-250 for the scintillators from Sasha.
    2. Travel/visit (Rory)
      • Plan to come down with Albert on Monday July 19th
      • Will need the LV to be setup; gas connections with flow at 5 cc/s; 55Fe source to match gains.
      • Plan to assemble the HV system.
      • Plan to arrive Tuesday, start gas flowing and turn chamber on on Tuesday
      • Will bring scope down for a direct comparison of signals viewed at UMass. Previously, we say a discrepancy of x2 between UMass and JLab gains. These were attributed to possible differences in the gas mixture.
      • Rory will stay till Thursday, and Albert will stay another week and can work on with the cosmic-ray DAQ test setup.
  5. hdgeant4 updates (Beni and Simon)
  6. GlueX Data Analysis
    • Andrew showed results of the determination of the beam polarization using a sample of data from fall 2018 with e/p>0.4 (instead of the default 0.7). This sample includes a higher fraction of pions, which allows for a subtraction of this background. The result is consistent with the TPOL measurement, but the uncertainty is ten times larger than for the determination with e/p>-.7
    • Andrew asked Alex if the spring 2018 data could be processed with e/p>0.4. Alex will think about this, but it is likely that this could be included in the next analysis launch.
    • Elton, Andrew and Albert will meet tomorrow morning at 9:30 to discuss how to produce samples of muons and pions for training samples for PID using AI.
  7. CPP Simulations
  8. C++ classes for 208Pb FFs (Discussion)
    • Rory has sent Richard his FORTRAN code to compute the Fourier transform of the charged density (from Saclay measurements). This should be the information of interest. Richard will translate into C++.
  9. PID + AI
  10. Other business
    • David: Would like to use the CPP run to test active control feedback on the CDC gains. He will send out information and this will be discussed at our next meeting.
  11. Next meeting