Π polarizability Meeting Jun 2, 2021

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 10:25, 2 June 2021 by Elton (Talk | contribs) (Minutes)

Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Time And Location

09:00 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting

REMOTE during Covid-19

Connecting

You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above



Action Items

  1. Change hdgeant4 so that the wire spacing is 0.4" and the center of the chamber is half way between wires 72 and 73. Beni modified hdgeant4 with the correct spacing and centering.

Preliminary Agenda

  1. Previous CPP meeting: May 19, 2021
  2. Announcements
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion of "Air-linked" half paddles in TOF
  5. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  6. hdgeant4 updates (Beni and Simon)
  7. GlueX Data Analysis
  8. CPP Software
  9. PID + AI
  10. Other business
  11. Next meeting

Minutes

Attending: Albert, Alex, Andrew, Beni, David, Elton, Ilya, Rory, Simon.

  1. Previous CPP meeting: May 19, 2021
  2. Announcements
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion of "Air-linked" half paddles in TOF
    • Paul Eugenio May 2019 Collaboration Meeting
    • Considerable discussion about pros/cons of the proposed change to single-ended scintillators near the beam hole
    • David: Wants to make sure that any changes can be tested in the TOF trigger in time to reverse changes if needed
    • Ilya: Can test trigger rates with background and modified configuration using existing random triggers. [Note added at end of meeting: Ilya modified code and does not see a substantial increase in trigger rate.]
    • Rory: Expect a marginal gain relative to potential problems.
    • Elton: Notes that in Paul's update to the collaboration meeting, one bullet under "TOF: Air-linking short modules" states that only 2 of 4 pairs can be linked. Does this mean that the central two modules are left as is? (Mark will check)
    • [Note added at end of meeting] Beni: Reported that at the (concurrent) TOF meeting, it was decided to postpone any "air-linking" of TOF modules.
  5. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  6. MWPC Shipment
    • Rory gave an update on the shipping of MWPCs to JLab
    • The eight chamber has been strung and only needs to be HV tested. All others are complete
    • Four chambers have been selected for transport to JLab
    • Foam pads are ready; Rory went over his plan for strapping 4 MWPCs into the 17' length U-Haul.
    • Rory will bring MWPCs + HV supply + lifting bars to move chambers
    • Proposed Schedule:
      • Load MWPCs on Monday at UMass
      • Drive Down Tuesday. Spend the night offsite as the Residence Facility requires permission to be on site (so far not given).
      • Unload 9:00 am Wed morning. Need support from Tim and Mark.
      • Fly back on Thursday.
    • Elton: We should go over the shipping details with Tim and Mark at the CPP Design meeting tomorrow afternoon
  7. hdgeant4 updates (Beni and Simon)
  8. GlueX Data Analysis
    • Andrew: Working with Albert on subtracting pion background to Bethe-Heitler polarization study. He asked Simon to provide information on the git branch to be used for linking muon tracks with FCAL hits.
  9. CPP Software
  10. PID + AI
  11. Other business
  12. Next meeting