Difference between revisions of "Π polarizability Meeting Mar 16, 2022"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "09:30 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting <br> REMOTE during Covid-19 ==Connecting== <div class="toccolours mw-collapsible mw-collapsed"> Join ZoomGov Meeting <br> https://jlab-o...")
 
(Minutes)
 
(6 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 50: Line 50:
  
 
# Check with Sasha on steps for "replay"
 
# Check with Sasha on steps for "replay"
# Decide on any work to be done on the TAC (Rory)
+
# <strike> Decide on any work to be done on the TAC (Rory) </strike> Discussion with Tim et al., concluded that the TAC may be our best option.
 
# Work with Justin to create the appropriate translation tables for the scalers (Beni)
 
# Work with Justin to create the appropriate translation tables for the scalers (Beni)
 
# Check with Chris about sensor voltage for the LV supplies (Beni)
 
# Check with Chris about sensor voltage for the LV supplies (Beni)
# Update the database with the microscope translation table (Elton)
+
# <strike> Update the database with the microscope translation table (Elton) </strike> Checked location of moved microscope with Dan Sober's table. Beni forwarded location of ccdb tables to be modified. Elton will close loop with Richard at the beamline meeting.
  
 
== Preliminary Agenda  ==
 
== Preliminary Agenda  ==
# Previous CPP meeting: [[%CE%A0_polarizability_Meeting_Mar_2,_2022|Mar 2, 2022]]
+
# Previous CPP meeting: [[%CE%A0_polarizability_Meeting_Mar_9,_2022|Mar 9, 2022]]
 
# Previous CPP Software meeting: [[Π polarizability Software Meeting Mar 3, 2022]]
 
# Previous CPP Software meeting: [[Π polarizability Software Meeting Mar 3, 2022]]
 
# Announcements
 
# Announcements
 
# Action Items
 
# Action Items
# [[media:CPP_Voltage_Controls.pdf | CPP voltage controls]] (Hovanes)
+
# [[CPP and NPP Run Conditions]]
# Plan for diamond simulations (Richard)
+
# TAC Runs / flux normalization
 +
# Diamond simulations (Richard)
 
# Software/Calibration
 
# Software/Calibration
 
#* Simulations
 
#* Simulations
Line 76: Line 77:
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
Attending:
+
Attending: Alex, Andrew, Beni, David H., Elton, Ilya, Mark, Nikhil, Sergey, Simon
 +
 
 +
# Previous CPP meeting: [[%CE%A0_polarizability_Meeting_Mar_9,_2022|Mar 9, 2022]]
 +
# Previous CPP Software meeting: [[Π polarizability Software Meeting Mar 3, 2022]]
 +
# Announcements
 +
# Action Items
 +
#* Flux normalization: CCAL would be difficult to implement. Will check the TAC to verify it is usable.
 +
#* Beamline ccdb tables. Elton has checked the positions of the microscope move and concurs with new location. Beni noted that the relevant tables (counter to energy) are /PHOTON_BEAM/microscope/scaled_energy_range and /PHOTON_BEAM/hodoscope/scaled_energy_range.
 +
# [[CPP and NPP Run Conditions]]
 +
#* Table of conditions has been created. Simon: Need to update amorphous radiator for TAC runs. [Note added: done]
 +
#* Elton: We need to decide the amount of empty target data to take, especially in light of the unexpected amount of empty target background found in PRIMEX-eta.
 +
#* Elton: We need a plan for the Pb shield alignment. Ilya: Look at data rates for various Pb shield positions, which will require access to hall to change Pb position. He will draw up a draft plan.
 +
# TAC Runs / flux normalization
 +
# Diamond simulations (Richard)
 +
# Software/Calibration
 +
#* Simon: working on a plugin to kinematically fit e+/e-, mu+/mu-, pi+/pi- pairs. Elton: does this use the thin vertex "suggestion" option? Simon: It is independent but can be used in conjunction with this option, which we may wish to enable for processing this run.
 +
#* Simon: has surgery numbers for the MWPCs (from Tim), but has not yet included them into ccdb.
 +
#* Mark: Released production software versions that include all of Simon's changes including the adjustments to hddm that Richard has requested for backward compatibility.
 +
# MWPC Testing
 +
#* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/book/hdfmwpc FMWPC Log Book]
 +
#* [https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2022/CPP_NPP/ halldweb/talks/CPP_NPP]
 +
#* Beni: DAQ has taken data for the CDC feedback tests; has been extended till Thursday. One CDC crate with FADC125's will be moved to the new rack for use with the MWPCs. Chris should have LV and HV cables completed.
 +
#* Elton: Signal cables for MWPCs has run into some snags. The vendor has received the cable and submitted one first-article test with soldered connectors, which passes. However, the cables should be crimped (not soldered). The tool for crimping has a long lead time and the vendor does not have one. Chris is working to loan the JLab tool to them so they can make the production cables. This needs followup.
 +
#* Simon and Beni: Refurbished 5 of the 6 scintillators in the EEL. We need 4 for the experiment. The last one has a broken light guide and was cannibalized to complete the others. They are ready to be moved into the hall. Elton: The labeling will be CTOF 1-4 and top/bottom.
 +
#* Beni: Target mechanism for solid Pb target has been lifted onto the platform. Alex is in position of the Pb target.
 +
# [[CPP and NPP Experiment Configuration]]
 +
# CPP-NPP trigger
 +
# DAQ and Electronic Setup (Sergey and Beni)
 +
# Other business
 +
#* Andrew (arriving late): Has been working on reconstruction of gp -> pi+pi-(p) from GlueX data, evaluating kaon contamination in the sample. Will give an update in two weeks.
 +
# Next meeting
 +
#* Elton will be away; Mark will run the meeting.

Latest revision as of 10:00, 16 March 2022

09:30 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting

REMOTE during Covid-19

Connecting

Join ZoomGov Meeting
https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/j/1608628791?pwd=bXhtZjdNRi8xeXZqWFh5T1R3TDBFdz09
Meeting ID: 160 862 8791
Passcode: CPP

Elton Smith is inviting you to a scheduled ZoomGov meeting.

Topic: CPP Weekly Meeting
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join ZoomGov Meeting
https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/j/1608628791?pwd=bXhtZjdNRi8xeXZqWFh5T1R3TDBFdz09

Meeting ID: 160 862 8791
Passcode: CPP
One tap mobile
+16692545252,,1608628791# US (San Jose)
+16468287666,,1608628791# US (New York)

Dial by your location
       +1 669 254 5252 US (San Jose)
       +1 646 828 7666 US (New York)
       +1 669 216 1590 US (San Jose)
       +1 551 285 1373 US
       833 568 8864 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 160 862 8791
Find your local number: https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/u/acZK7hDWFf
 
Join by SIP
1608628791@sip.zoomgov.com

Join by H.323
161.199.138.10 (US West)
161.199.136.10 (US East)
Meeting ID: 160 862 8791
Passcode: 112160


Action Items

  1. Check with Sasha on steps for "replay"
  2. Decide on any work to be done on the TAC (Rory) Discussion with Tim et al., concluded that the TAC may be our best option.
  3. Work with Justin to create the appropriate translation tables for the scalers (Beni)
  4. Check with Chris about sensor voltage for the LV supplies (Beni)
  5. Update the database with the microscope translation table (Elton) Checked location of moved microscope with Dan Sober's table. Beni forwarded location of ccdb tables to be modified. Elton will close loop with Richard at the beamline meeting.

Preliminary Agenda

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Mar 9, 2022
  2. Previous CPP Software meeting: Π polarizability Software Meeting Mar 3, 2022
  3. Announcements
  4. Action Items
  5. CPP and NPP Run Conditions
  6. TAC Runs / flux normalization
  7. Diamond simulations (Richard)
  8. Software/Calibration
    • Simulations
  9. MWPC Testing
  10. CPP and NPP Experiment Configuration
  11. CPP-NPP trigger
  12. DAQ and Electronic Setup (Sergey and Beni)
  13. Other business
  14. Next meeting

Minutes

Attending: Alex, Andrew, Beni, David H., Elton, Ilya, Mark, Nikhil, Sergey, Simon

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Mar 9, 2022
  2. Previous CPP Software meeting: Π polarizability Software Meeting Mar 3, 2022
  3. Announcements
  4. Action Items
    • Flux normalization: CCAL would be difficult to implement. Will check the TAC to verify it is usable.
    • Beamline ccdb tables. Elton has checked the positions of the microscope move and concurs with new location. Beni noted that the relevant tables (counter to energy) are /PHOTON_BEAM/microscope/scaled_energy_range and /PHOTON_BEAM/hodoscope/scaled_energy_range.
  5. CPP and NPP Run Conditions
    • Table of conditions has been created. Simon: Need to update amorphous radiator for TAC runs. [Note added: done]
    • Elton: We need to decide the amount of empty target data to take, especially in light of the unexpected amount of empty target background found in PRIMEX-eta.
    • Elton: We need a plan for the Pb shield alignment. Ilya: Look at data rates for various Pb shield positions, which will require access to hall to change Pb position. He will draw up a draft plan.
  6. TAC Runs / flux normalization
  7. Diamond simulations (Richard)
  8. Software/Calibration
    • Simon: working on a plugin to kinematically fit e+/e-, mu+/mu-, pi+/pi- pairs. Elton: does this use the thin vertex "suggestion" option? Simon: It is independent but can be used in conjunction with this option, which we may wish to enable for processing this run.
    • Simon: has surgery numbers for the MWPCs (from Tim), but has not yet included them into ccdb.
    • Mark: Released production software versions that include all of Simon's changes including the adjustments to hddm that Richard has requested for backward compatibility.
  9. MWPC Testing
    • FMWPC Log Book
    • halldweb/talks/CPP_NPP
    • Beni: DAQ has taken data for the CDC feedback tests; has been extended till Thursday. One CDC crate with FADC125's will be moved to the new rack for use with the MWPCs. Chris should have LV and HV cables completed.
    • Elton: Signal cables for MWPCs has run into some snags. The vendor has received the cable and submitted one first-article test with soldered connectors, which passes. However, the cables should be crimped (not soldered). The tool for crimping has a long lead time and the vendor does not have one. Chris is working to loan the JLab tool to them so they can make the production cables. This needs followup.
    • Simon and Beni: Refurbished 5 of the 6 scintillators in the EEL. We need 4 for the experiment. The last one has a broken light guide and was cannibalized to complete the others. They are ready to be moved into the hall. Elton: The labeling will be CTOF 1-4 and top/bottom.
    • Beni: Target mechanism for solid Pb target has been lifted onto the platform. Alex is in position of the Pb target.
  10. CPP and NPP Experiment Configuration
  11. CPP-NPP trigger
  12. DAQ and Electronic Setup (Sergey and Beni)
  13. Other business
    • Andrew (arriving late): Has been working on reconstruction of gp -> pi+pi-(p) from GlueX data, evaluating kaon contamination in the sample. Will give an update in two weeks.
  14. Next meeting
    • Elton will be away; Mark will run the meeting.