Difference between revisions of "Π polarizability Meeting Mar 24, 2021"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Preliminary Agenda)
Line 67: Line 67:
 
## Table of responsibilities (Elton)
 
## Table of responsibilities (Elton)
 
# GlueX Data Analysis
 
# GlueX Data Analysis
 +
#* [[Media:ASchick_2021March24_2TrackNN_phiJT_pippimmissp.pdf | phiJT, e/π Neural Net, pi+pi-(p)]] -Andrew
 
# CPP Software
 
# CPP Software
 
# PID + AI
 
# PID + AI

Revision as of 11:41, 24 March 2021

Meeting Time And Location

09:00 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting

REMOTE during Covid-19

Connecting

You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above



Action Items

  1. Draft list of responses to the ERR recommendations for discussion (Elton)

Preliminary Agenda

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Mar 17, 2021
  2. Announcements
  3. Action Items
  4. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  5. Responses to the ERR
    1. MWPCs (fabrication, testing) (Rory)
      • Small DAQ system in ESB to test chambers when the arrive at JLab
    2. Trigger rates (beam test analysis, expectation with target pulled back) (Ilya)
    3. Hdgeant4 (initial setup and plan for running simulations) (Mark and Beni + moral support from David)
      • update geometry
      • check hits make sense
    4. Analysis (low level reconstruction, monitoring) (David to write paragraph)
      • Basic factories to look at raw data + conversion to energy/time.
      • Develop during the testing in ESB
    5. Higher level analysis (e.g. PID, efficiencies and reconstruction) (Rory)
    6. Rates in MWPCs (Ilya)
      • Initially need a plan for running full simulations with production geometry
    7. Timeline to publication (Elton will make something up)
      • calibration, high level analysis, amplitude analysis, CPP and NPP
    8. Table of responsibilities (Elton)
  6. GlueX Data Analysis
  7. CPP Software
  8. PID + AI
  9. Other business
  10. Next meeting

Minutes

Attending: Albert, Andrew, Beni, David, Ilya, Mark, Rory, Simon

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Mar 17, 2021
  2. Announcements
  3. Action Items
  4. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  5. Responses to the ERR
    1. MWPCs (Rory)
      • Updated Google Doc with MWPC response with the following points
      • Added Beni's description of testing at JLab
      • Provided short description of proposal to add scintillators behind the MWPCs to measure efficiency
      • Still need to write an MWPC "manual" containing materials used, electronics design, test results, drift time characteristics (information taken from previous meetings). Expect document can be completed shortly
    2. Trigger rates (beam test analysis, expectation with target pulled back) (Ilya)
      • Ilya can bet a first estimate with hdgeant3 (and a couple of plots) of trigger rates with the target pulled back.
      • Plan to repeat estimates with hdgeant4 will also be presented
    3. Hdgeant4 (initial setup and plan for running simulations) (Mark and Beni + moral support from David)
      • Files with new geometry with 6 chambers and fixed absorber thicknesses has been created.
      • Beni has verified that hits are being generated in the MWPCs.
      • The geometry still lacks the "picture frame" Pb absorber (or collimator)
      • Drift time spectrum is not correct (contains peak 0-50 ns). Rory will provide distributions based on UMass measurements
      • Note: Time distributions are generated in hdgeant4 for the CDC and FDC. We should probably do the same in the long term
      • Elton and Beni will meet this afternoon to coordinate how to add the geometry to the ccdb database.
    4. Analysis (low level reconstruction, monitoring) (David to write paragraph)
      • David will provide a paragraph of status and outline.
      • Plan will include development for testing in ESB
    5. Higher level analysis (e.g. PID, efficiencies and reconstruction) (Rory)
      • Main question is how PID is affected by efficiencies. These are discussed along with MWPC response
    6. Rates in MWPCs (Ilya)
      • Ilya will try to get a first estimate of MWPC rates with hdgeant3.
      • We can add a plan for running full simulations with production geometry in hdgeant4
    7. Timeline to publication (Elton will make something up)
      • A draft timeline will be produced by the end of the week
      • calibration, high level analysis, amplitude analysis, CPP and NPP
    8. Table of responsibilities (Elton)
      • A draft table of responsibilities will be produced by the end of the week.
  6. GlueX Data Analysis
  7. CPP Software
    • Andrew showed the latests updates on e/pi separation with ML tools.
    • Elton and Andrew will meet tomorrow to discuss how to use the Amptools to analyze current data.
  8. PID + AI
  9. Other business
  10. Next meeting