Difference between revisions of "Π polarizability Meeting Mar 31, 2021"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "== Meeting Time And Location == 09:00 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting <br> REMOTE during Covid-19 ==Connecting== <div class="toccolours mw-collapsible mw-collapsed"> You can...")
 
(Minutes)
 
(11 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 50: Line 50:
 
# Action Items
 
# Action Items
 
# [[CPP and NPP Readiness Review]]
 
# [[CPP and NPP Readiness Review]]
# Responses to the ERR
+
# [https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aiSOVh4zWwnObV5fA0eF-OXG8YbE14pO?usp=sharing Responses to the ERR]
 
## MWPCs (fabrication, testing) (Rory)
 
## MWPCs (fabrication, testing) (Rory)
 
##* Small DAQ system in ESB to test chambers when the arrive at JLab
 
##* Small DAQ system in ESB to test chambers when the arrive at JLab
Line 60: Line 60:
 
##* Basic factories to look at raw data + conversion to energy/time.
 
##* Basic factories to look at raw data + conversion to energy/time.
 
##* Develop during the testing in ESB
 
##* Develop during the testing in ESB
 +
## [[Media:CDC Crate1 4 CPP.pdf | CDC Coverage of electronics by one crate]] (Beni)
 
## Higher level analysis (e.g. PID, efficiencies and reconstruction) (Rory)
 
## Higher level analysis (e.g. PID, efficiencies and reconstruction) (Rory)
 
## Rates in MWPCs (Ilya)
 
## Rates in MWPCs (Ilya)
 
##* Initially need a plan for running full simulations with production geometry
 
##* Initially need a plan for running full simulations with production geometry
 +
## Microscope move (Elton)
 +
##* Meeting with Richard and Jim on April 12 @ 1:30 pm.
 
## Timeline to publication (Elton will make something up)
 
## Timeline to publication (Elton will make something up)
 
##* calibration, high level analysis, amplitude analysis, CPP and NPP
 
##* calibration, high level analysis, amplitude analysis, CPP and NPP
 
## Table of responsibilities (Elton)
 
## Table of responsibilities (Elton)
 
# GlueX Data Analysis
 
# GlueX Data Analysis
 +
#* [[Media:ASchick_2021-3-31_pippimmissprot.pdf | π+π-(p) update]] (Andrew)
 +
#* [[Media:ASchick BLTWG 2021-3-30 BH Polarization.pdf| BLTWG BH Polarization Presentation]] (Andrew)
 
# CPP Software
 
# CPP Software
 +
#* [https://halldweb.jlab.org/doc-private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5011  Amplitude errors using bootstrap method] (Elton)
 
# PID + AI
 
# PID + AI
 
# Other business
 
# Other business
Line 73: Line 79:
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
'' Attending:
+
'' Attending: Albert, Alex, Andrew, David, Mark, Rory, Simon
 +
 
 +
# Previous CPP meeting: [[&pi; polarizability Meeting Mar 24, 2021|Mar 24, 2021]]
 +
# Announcements
 +
# Action Items
 +
# [[CPP and NPP Readiness Review]]
 +
# [https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aiSOVh4zWwnObV5fA0eF-OXG8YbE14pO?usp=sharing Responses to the ERR]. The link points to the folder for our draft ERR response.
 +
## MWPCs (fabrication, testing) (Rory)
 +
##* Document for MWPCs in progress, half completed
 +
##* Covid situation at UMass is opening up. More undergraduates can come and re-start MWPC fabrication
 +
##* Should start discussions moving MWPCs to JLab / access of users to lab. Expect move in mid-May
 +
## Trigger rates (beam test analysis, expectation with target pulled back) (Ilya)
 +
##* No update. We should ping Hai to make sure he is still on track to work on the firmware.
 +
## Hdgeant4 (initial setup and plan for running simulations) (Mark and Beni + moral support from David)
 +
##* No update.
 +
##* Geometry has been updated. Need to check to make sure that geometry/hits make sense
 +
## Analysis (low level reconstruction, monitoring) (David to write paragraph)
 +
##* David has sent a description that was placed into our draft ERR response.
 +
##* He identified four bullets [low level hit classes, clusterizer, translation table, simulation]. Each bullet was described with some information on requirements
 +
##* Elton: Does the translation table impact the simulation? No. Simulation starts with hit objects, not the DAQ objects.
 +
##* Monitoring: Should develop plots that can be used both on and offline. These can be used to monitor output of simulations.
 +
## Track reconstruction (Simon)
 +
##* Simon is willing to work on the track projection to the MWPCs.
 +
##* The lack of ST should not affect reconstruction. The lack of 1 CDC quarter should not affect reconstruction (except as a loss of coverage).
 +
##* Extrapolation through the FCAL is needed for matching to the MWPC. We need to check that the material behind the FCAL is also included in simulation even if it is passive.
 +
##* Rory: Is the CPP point target part of the analysis? Yes, there is a method that helps in this case.
 +
## [[Media:CDC Crate1 4 CPP.pdf | CDC Coverage of electronics by one crate]] (Beni)
 +
##* Since one crate corresponds to one CDC quarter, we decided that we should take data with the CDC on, which will provide information in 3/4 of the CDC and may be useful in analysis of clusters in the BCAL.
 +
## Higher level analysis (e.g. PID, efficiencies and reconstruction) (Rory)
 +
##* These analysis were discussed along with the draft schedule and table of responsibilities.
 +
## Rates in MWPCs (Ilya)
 +
##* Rory reported on information that Ilya provided yesterday.
 +
##* Ilya has used his geant3 program to estimate rates in the first MWPC. With the proposed shielding, the estimated rates ~300-400 Hz. These were determined with the nominal 10 keV threshold, so estimates may be underestimated. These are quite low, but can reported as our current result. Ilya will summarize the results and we can make this available in our response to the ERR and provide a plan to obtain rates once the new hdgeant4 program is running.
 +
## Microscope move (Elton)
 +
##* Meeting with Richard and Jim on April 12 @ 1:30 pm.
 +
## Timeline to publication (Elton will make something up)
 +
##* A first stab at a schedule is in the excel file on the ERR response folder. The schedule was modified slightly in real time.
 +
## Table of responsibilities (Elton)
 +
##* The excel file that is on the ERR response folder has a table of responsibilities and these were updated in real time.
 +
# GlueX Data Analysis
 +
#* [[Media:ASchick_2021-3-31_pippimmissprot.pdf | π+π-(p) update]] (Andrew)
 +
#** Finds peak in pipi mass spectrum to be due to phi->K+K- misidentified as pions.
 +
#* [[Media:ASchick BLTWG 2021-3-30 BH Polarization.pdf| BLTWG BH Polarization Presentation]] (Andrew)
 +
# CPP Software
 +
#* [https://halldweb.jlab.org/doc-private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5011  Amplitude errors using bootstrap method] (Elton)
 +
# PID + AI
 +
# Other business
 +
# Next meeting

Latest revision as of 13:36, 31 March 2021

Meeting Time And Location

09:00 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting

REMOTE during Covid-19

Connecting

You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above



Action Items

  1. Draft list of responses to the ERR recommendations for discussion (Elton)

Preliminary Agenda

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Mar 24, 2021
  2. Announcements
  3. Action Items
  4. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  5. Responses to the ERR
    1. MWPCs (fabrication, testing) (Rory)
      • Small DAQ system in ESB to test chambers when the arrive at JLab
    2. Trigger rates (beam test analysis, expectation with target pulled back) (Ilya)
    3. Hdgeant4 (initial setup and plan for running simulations) (Mark and Beni + moral support from David)
      • update geometry
      • check hits make sense
    4. Analysis (low level reconstruction, monitoring) (David to write paragraph)
      • Basic factories to look at raw data + conversion to energy/time.
      • Develop during the testing in ESB
    5. CDC Coverage of electronics by one crate (Beni)
    6. Higher level analysis (e.g. PID, efficiencies and reconstruction) (Rory)
    7. Rates in MWPCs (Ilya)
      • Initially need a plan for running full simulations with production geometry
    8. Microscope move (Elton)
      • Meeting with Richard and Jim on April 12 @ 1:30 pm.
    9. Timeline to publication (Elton will make something up)
      • calibration, high level analysis, amplitude analysis, CPP and NPP
    10. Table of responsibilities (Elton)
  6. GlueX Data Analysis
  7. CPP Software
  8. PID + AI
  9. Other business
  10. Next meeting

Minutes

Attending: Albert, Alex, Andrew, David, Mark, Rory, Simon

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Mar 24, 2021
  2. Announcements
  3. Action Items
  4. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  5. Responses to the ERR. The link points to the folder for our draft ERR response.
    1. MWPCs (fabrication, testing) (Rory)
      • Document for MWPCs in progress, half completed
      • Covid situation at UMass is opening up. More undergraduates can come and re-start MWPC fabrication
      • Should start discussions moving MWPCs to JLab / access of users to lab. Expect move in mid-May
    2. Trigger rates (beam test analysis, expectation with target pulled back) (Ilya)
      • No update. We should ping Hai to make sure he is still on track to work on the firmware.
    3. Hdgeant4 (initial setup and plan for running simulations) (Mark and Beni + moral support from David)
      • No update.
      • Geometry has been updated. Need to check to make sure that geometry/hits make sense
    4. Analysis (low level reconstruction, monitoring) (David to write paragraph)
      • David has sent a description that was placed into our draft ERR response.
      • He identified four bullets [low level hit classes, clusterizer, translation table, simulation]. Each bullet was described with some information on requirements
      • Elton: Does the translation table impact the simulation? No. Simulation starts with hit objects, not the DAQ objects.
      • Monitoring: Should develop plots that can be used both on and offline. These can be used to monitor output of simulations.
    5. Track reconstruction (Simon)
      • Simon is willing to work on the track projection to the MWPCs.
      • The lack of ST should not affect reconstruction. The lack of 1 CDC quarter should not affect reconstruction (except as a loss of coverage).
      • Extrapolation through the FCAL is needed for matching to the MWPC. We need to check that the material behind the FCAL is also included in simulation even if it is passive.
      • Rory: Is the CPP point target part of the analysis? Yes, there is a method that helps in this case.
    6. CDC Coverage of electronics by one crate (Beni)
      • Since one crate corresponds to one CDC quarter, we decided that we should take data with the CDC on, which will provide information in 3/4 of the CDC and may be useful in analysis of clusters in the BCAL.
    7. Higher level analysis (e.g. PID, efficiencies and reconstruction) (Rory)
      • These analysis were discussed along with the draft schedule and table of responsibilities.
    8. Rates in MWPCs (Ilya)
      • Rory reported on information that Ilya provided yesterday.
      • Ilya has used his geant3 program to estimate rates in the first MWPC. With the proposed shielding, the estimated rates ~300-400 Hz. These were determined with the nominal 10 keV threshold, so estimates may be underestimated. These are quite low, but can reported as our current result. Ilya will summarize the results and we can make this available in our response to the ERR and provide a plan to obtain rates once the new hdgeant4 program is running.
    9. Microscope move (Elton)
      • Meeting with Richard and Jim on April 12 @ 1:30 pm.
    10. Timeline to publication (Elton will make something up)
      • A first stab at a schedule is in the excel file on the ERR response folder. The schedule was modified slightly in real time.
    11. Table of responsibilities (Elton)
      • The excel file that is on the ERR response folder has a table of responsibilities and these were updated in real time.
  6. GlueX Data Analysis
  7. CPP Software
  8. PID + AI
  9. Other business
  10. Next meeting