Π polarizability Meeting May 27, 2020
Meeting Time And Location
9:00 EST (JLab time)
You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- Meeting ID: 949 429 419
- (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via iOS or Android App:
- Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: (408) 740-7256 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 184.108.40.206 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Review studies that validate present 90 cm Fe design (Ilya)
- Previous meeting: May 20, 2020
- Update on Engineering/Design
- Screen Shots of Mechanical Design Apr 2 and 23
- May 21, 2020 CPP Design Meeting
- Notes on beam test (Elton)
- Tim: Can safely remove the DIRC with the B field on. Time estimate is about one shift.
- No easy way of inserting additional Pb sheets next to the TOF. Possibly one can mount Pb sheets off the DIRC support structure.
- Test activities (email 5/21 from Ilya)
- I believe we need to collect similar dataset as we did before without DIRC: high-frequency random trigger, possibly shifted down coherent peak, LH2 and empty target, beam current 10, 20, 30 nA ~3 min each.
- If it would be possible to install single thickness shielding without modifying TOF position from the nominal value - also the same dataset with the shielding installed (inner hole in the shielding needs to be increased in this case).
- In case if shielding installation requires modification of the TOF position, I think it is more important to keep the right TOF position rather than to collect additional data with shielding installed.
- Studies on Fe thickness (Ilya)
- Data Analysis - Andrew
- Preparations for Jeopardy
- Other business
- Next meeting