Π polarizability Meeting Nov 24, 2021

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 18:09, 24 November 2021 by Elton (Talk | contribs) (Minutes)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Time And Location

09:30 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting

REMOTE during Covid-19

Connecting

You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above



Action Items

  1. Generate MC samples of pi+pi- (Elton and Andrew)

Preliminary Agenda

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Nov 17, 2021
  2. Announcements
    • Beamline: Scheduled diamond measurements at Canadian Light Source in December (Test of type III -electronic grade- crystal).
    • Richard and students will come to JLab in early Jan to move the microscope to 6 GeV position.
  3. Action Items
  4. Software/Calibration for CPP (David, Alex and Sean)
  5. PID + AI
    • Data for AI (Andrew)
  6. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
    • Report on MWPC testing (Elton)
  7. MWPC Testing
  8. CPP and NPP Experiment Configuration
  9. Electronic Configuration (Beni)
  10. hdgeant4 updates (Mark)
  11. Software consolidation (Simon)
  12. TOF/CAL trigger
  13. GlueX Data Analysis
  14. CPP Simulations
  15. Other business
  16. Next meeting

Minutes

Attending: Alex, Andrew, Beni, David H., Elton, Ilya, Nikhil, Simon

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Nov 17, 2021
  2. Announcements
    • Beamline: Scheduled diamond measurements at Canadian Light Source in December (Test of type III -electronic grade- crystal). David noted that he got his degree at CLS and will connect with Richard and/or Zisis regarding possibly helping with tests.
    • Richard and students will come to JLab in early Jan to move the microscope to 6 GeV position.
  3. Action Items
  4. Software/Calibration for CPP (David, Alex and Sean)
    • Alex: Started working on the CPP branch. Made two changes: added new detectors into the occupation plugins and working on the clusterizer to include number of hits. Translations into the lab coordinates is in progress
    • Elton: Asked about including the scintillators. Simon has added objects; Alex will also add these to the monitoring plugin.
  5. PID + AI
    • Nikhil: David L. is working on new data. He continues to optimize the AI, which is at 94% efficiency, by adding new features. May give an update at the next meeting.
  6. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
    • Report on MWPC testing (Elton)
    • Beni: There is some confusion about how the FADC125 configuration files are producing the output that we see in the tests. Naomi is helping with getting this straight.
    • Elton is working on a draft draft, which will be uploaded to docDB today. Feedback and comments are welcome before next Wed. After including feedback, Elton can submit the report to the ERR committee.
    • Draft posted on the portal at MWPC Production Testing
  7. MWPC Testing
    • FMWPC Log Book
    • Beni: After this run ends, we should replace the FADC-250, which is working "well-enough," but has missing bits and features that are likely the cause of poor time resolution. (The lack of spares has pushed us to use the current FADC-250). We can use the test setup to check the time resolution coming out of the FADC250 to compare with what is possible using a CAEN TDC during the experiment.
  8. CPP and NPP Experiment Configuration
  9. Electronic Configuration (Beni)
  10. hdgeant4 updates (Mark)
  11. Software consolidation (Simon)
  12. TOF/CAL trigger
    • Ilya: The current run will end on Dec 5 (morning of Dec 6?). We should see if we can do a beam test with the TOF/CAL trigger. It is probably worth including Eugene in the discussion to investigate what options are available.
    • Elton: If testing with beam is not possible, we should push for all possible tests without beam (e.g. with cosmic) before the detector is shutdown after the run. After that it will be hard to get the detector back up and running.
  13. GlueX Data Analysis
  14. CPP Simulations
  15. Other business
  16. Next meeting