Difference between revisions of "Π polarizability Meeting Oct 13, 2021"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Preliminary Agenda)
(Minutes)
 
(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 69: Line 69:
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
'' Attending:
+
'' Attending: Rory, Beni, Alex, Mark, Elton, Andrew, Albert, Gary, Simon, David L., David H., Nikhil Kalra (Welcome!)
 +
 
 +
# Previous CPP meeting: [[π polarizability Meeting Sep 15, 2021|Sep 15, 2021]]
 +
# Announcements
 +
#* Rory will remind Walt to send in the invoice if he hasn't already
 +
#* We will need to evaluate what tests we can do with the TOF trigger during this run. Need to get some feedback from Sasha to see what might be useful.
 +
# Action Items
 +
# Software/Calibration for CPP
 +
#* Use weekly meeting next week Oct 20 for discussion with Sean?
 +
#* It was agreed to dedicate our next meeting to software issues.
 +
#* Beni suggested that we invite Sergey F. to get acquainted with our needs for DAQ readout (wire chamber hits + changes to the CDC crates)
 +
# PID + AI
 +
#* [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1IAhl2-LTFMotSsOIbHYODraYGii-3hn-6S0PST5kUzE/edit?usp=sharing update] (David, Nikhil)
 +
#* David showed updates to hdview2 to plot the MWPCs. The code is on a branch in git. No hits yet.
 +
#* Also showed some plots of raw information for single pions and muons in the FCAL and MWPCs
 +
#* He also presented a to-do list.
 +
#* This information will be quite useful as a basis for discussions at the CPP Software meeting next week.
 +
# AI for Experimental Controls testing during CPP
 +
# MWPC Testing
 +
#* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/book/hdfmwpc FMWPC Log Book]
 +
#* Rory summarized the delivery of the second set of 4 chambers to JLab.
 +
#* Rory and Andrew drove down last Thursday and we unloaded them into the EEL building early Friday morning with help from Hall D technical staff.
 +
#* They spent most of the day on Friday installing the new electronic enclosures on the MWPCs at JLab and then looking into noise issues primarily on Galadriel. See Log book for details.
 +
#* Haldor was refitted with a new enclosure; the prototype enclosure was on it previously
 +
#* Found that Galadriel the banana plugs shorted the LV when the enclosure was installed and fixed with electrical tape. All other chambers were fitted with the electronic enclosures and checked for shorts.
 +
#* Galadriel was further investigated for noise and the apparent inefficient wire (#36 from the right counting from zero).
 +
#* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3922927 Haldor]
 +
#* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3923384 Denethor]
 +
#* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3922895 Galadriel]
 +
#* Elton went over the analysis of Haldor, Denethor and Galadriel.
 +
#* Haldor and Denethor perform well. Galadriel exhibits a baseline noise, probably the same as what Rory sees on the scope.
 +
#* The noise on Galadriel can be almost eliminated by ignoring wires with amplitudes less than 500 counts with out appreciable loss of efficiency. This chamber may be studied further at a later time.
 +
#* For now, Elton and Ilya will continue testing all chambers at the lab to look for systematics.
 +
# hdgeant4 updates (Mark)
 +
# TOF Trigger (Simon)
 +
#* Discussion of TOF trigger tests with beam
 +
# GlueX Data Analysis
 +
# CPP Simulations
 +
# Other business
 +
# Next meeting
 +
#* Next Wed Oct 20 9:30 we will dedicate to software issues. We need a volunteer to coordinate the CPP software effort.

Latest revision as of 15:08, 13 October 2021

Meeting Time And Location

09:30 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting

REMOTE during Covid-19

Connecting

You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above



Action Items

  1. Follow up on procurement for electronic enclosures.
  2. Develop a plan for beam TOF trigger tests

Preliminary Agenda

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Sep 15, 2021
  2. Announcements
  3. Action Items
  4. Software/Calibration for CPP
    • Use weekly meeting next week Oct 20 for discussion with Sean?
  5. AI for Experimental Controls testing during CPP
  6. MWPC Testing
  7. hdgeant4 updates (Mark)
  8. TOF Trigger (Simon)
    • Discussion of TOF trigger tests with beam
  9. GlueX Data Analysis
  10. CPP Simulations
  11. PID + AI
  12. Other business
  13. Next meeting

Minutes

Attending: Rory, Beni, Alex, Mark, Elton, Andrew, Albert, Gary, Simon, David L., David H., Nikhil Kalra (Welcome!)

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Sep 15, 2021
  2. Announcements
    • Rory will remind Walt to send in the invoice if he hasn't already
    • We will need to evaluate what tests we can do with the TOF trigger during this run. Need to get some feedback from Sasha to see what might be useful.
  3. Action Items
  4. Software/Calibration for CPP
    • Use weekly meeting next week Oct 20 for discussion with Sean?
    • It was agreed to dedicate our next meeting to software issues.
    • Beni suggested that we invite Sergey F. to get acquainted with our needs for DAQ readout (wire chamber hits + changes to the CDC crates)
  5. PID + AI
    • update (David, Nikhil)
    • David showed updates to hdview2 to plot the MWPCs. The code is on a branch in git. No hits yet.
    • Also showed some plots of raw information for single pions and muons in the FCAL and MWPCs
    • He also presented a to-do list.
    • This information will be quite useful as a basis for discussions at the CPP Software meeting next week.
  6. AI for Experimental Controls testing during CPP
  7. MWPC Testing
    • FMWPC Log Book
    • Rory summarized the delivery of the second set of 4 chambers to JLab.
    • Rory and Andrew drove down last Thursday and we unloaded them into the EEL building early Friday morning with help from Hall D technical staff.
    • They spent most of the day on Friday installing the new electronic enclosures on the MWPCs at JLab and then looking into noise issues primarily on Galadriel. See Log book for details.
    • Haldor was refitted with a new enclosure; the prototype enclosure was on it previously
    • Found that Galadriel the banana plugs shorted the LV when the enclosure was installed and fixed with electrical tape. All other chambers were fitted with the electronic enclosures and checked for shorts.
    • Galadriel was further investigated for noise and the apparent inefficient wire (#36 from the right counting from zero).
    • Haldor
    • Denethor
    • Galadriel
    • Elton went over the analysis of Haldor, Denethor and Galadriel.
    • Haldor and Denethor perform well. Galadriel exhibits a baseline noise, probably the same as what Rory sees on the scope.
    • The noise on Galadriel can be almost eliminated by ignoring wires with amplitudes less than 500 counts with out appreciable loss of efficiency. This chamber may be studied further at a later time.
    • For now, Elton and Ilya will continue testing all chambers at the lab to look for systematics.
  8. hdgeant4 updates (Mark)
  9. TOF Trigger (Simon)
    • Discussion of TOF trigger tests with beam
  10. GlueX Data Analysis
  11. CPP Simulations
  12. Other business
  13. Next meeting
    • Next Wed Oct 20 9:30 we will dedicate to software issues. We need a volunteer to coordinate the CPP software effort.