Π polarizability Meeting Sep 29, 2021

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 15:47, 29 September 2021 by Elton (Talk | contribs) (Minutes)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Time And Location

09:30 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting

REMOTE during Covid-19

Connecting

You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above



Action Items

  1. Get preliminary efficiency estimates for MWPCs under test.
  2. Schedule next shipment of MWPCs
  3. Follow up on procurement for electronic enclosures.

Preliminary Agenda

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Sep 15, 2021
  2. Announcements
    • Nominal Run Schedule: May 2 - June 20 (50 calendar days), Ebeam=11.7 GeV, E12-13-008 to completion (From Eugene's talk at Collaboration Meeting). From this morning - run pushed to start in June.
    • Mt. Allison U. (David Hornidge and Phil Martel) up for membership. Vote when announcement is made.
    • Practice talks for DNP Thu at 10 am (Rory and Andrew)
    • Tentative Final Shipment of MWPCs is Oct 7, unload on Oct 8 (Friday)
  3. Action Items
  4. AI for Experimental Controls testing during CPP
  5. MWPC Testing
  6. hdgeant4 updates (Mark)
  7. TOF Trigger (Simon)
    • Are there tests that we wish to schedule during this run?
  8. GlueX Data Analysis
  9. CPP Simulations
  10. PID + AI
  11. Other business
  12. Next meeting

Minutes

Attending: Albert, Andrew, Beni, David H, David L., Ebode, Greg, Ilya, Rory, Elton

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Sep 15, 2021
  2. Announcements
    • Nominal Run Schedule: May 2 - June 20 (50 calendar days), Ebeam=11.7 GeV, E12-13-008 to completion (From Eugene's talk at Collaboration Meeting). From this morning - run pushed to start in June.
    • Mt. Allison U. (David Hornidge and Phil Martel) up for membership. Vote when announcement is made.
    • Practice talks for DNP Thu at 10 am (Rory and Andrew)
    • Tentative Final Shipment of MWPCs is Oct 7, unload on Oct 8 (Friday)
  3. Second shipment (Rory)
    • Plan: Start loading at UMass on Tues/Wed of next week, drive down on Thursday Oct 7, unload on Friday, fly back on Sat.
    • Andrew and Rory will drive the 25 ft truck down
    • Plan to bring down all tooling that could be used for chamber maintenance and fixes.
    • All electronic enclosures are ready and will come down with the shipment.
    • On Friday Rory and Andrew will mount the enclosures on the chambers already at JLab. [The chambers at UMass already have the enclosures mounted.]
    • They will also get started with basic checks on the chambers. By flushing for 3-4 hours, they can bring them up to 1000 V. This half their operational voltage, but should verify that no wires are broken.
    • We agreed to coordinate with Tim and Mark for unloading, tentatively at 8 am on Friday morning. This was proposed by Elton to avoid direct conflict with the RC meeting.
  4. Action Items
    • Walt is encouraged to submit the invoice for the electronic enclosures stating that they were delivered to Rory at UMass.
  5. AI for Experimental Controls testing during CPP (David)
    • There have been ongoing discussions on ow to implement the Control Feedback during CPP
    • There is a plan for a preliminary test during PRIMEX, lead by Naomi
    • The test during PRIMEX would start with manual evaluations moving toward a semi-automatic procedure.
    • The PRIMEX test will be good preparation for the "production" test during CPP
  6. MWPC Testing
    • FMWPC Log Book
    • Elton presented a lot of the information in recent log book entries.
    • Preliminary efficiencies are estimated at > 99.6%. So far we have looked at Haldor (with electronic enclosure) and Denethor (without electronic enclosure)
    • There are indications of noise hits along with signal, which we will continue to investigate.
    • The plan is to continue cycling through the chambers at JLab for an initial look at response and efficiency.
  7. hdgeant4 updates (Mark)
  8. TOF Trigger (Simon)
    • Are there tests that we wish to schedule during this run?
    • At or next meeting we need to develop a plan for any trigger tests that could use beam so that we can coordinate with Sasha.
  9. GlueX Data Analysis
  10. CPP Simulations
  11. PID + AI (David L.)
    • Hit information from chambers presented to the MVA is presently in the form of raw hits, but they would like to see higher level objects of the MWPCs made available (e.g. clusters, etc)
    • So far none of these objects are available in the software and David is started working on this.
    • Update on this work will be presented at a later meeting.
  12. Other business
  13. Next meeting
    • No meeting next week. The next meeting will be Oct 13.