Π polarizability Meeting Sep 8, 2021

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 10:55, 8 September 2021 by Elton (Talk | contribs) (Minutes)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Time And Location

10:00 EST (JLab time) Weekly Meeting

REMOTE during Covid-19

Connecting

You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above



Action Items

Preliminary Agenda

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Sep 1, 2021
  2. Announcements
    • Start meetings at 9:30?
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion: AI for Experimental Controls testing during CPP. See email from David
  5. MWPC Testing
  6. hdgeant4 updates (Mark)
  7. TOF Trigger (Simon)
  8. GlueX Data Analysis
  9. CPP Simulations
  10. PID + AI
  11. Other business
  12. Next meeting

Minutes

Attending: Alex A., Andrew, David Hornidge, Ebode, Elton, Ilya, Mark I., Rory, Simon

  1. Previous CPP meeting: Sep 1, 2021
  2. Announcements
    • Start meetings at 9:30? Yes.
    • Decided to move the time up by 30 min to allow Albert to join for at least half the meeting.
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion: AI for Experimental Controls testing during CPP. See email from David
  5. MWPC Testing (Alex)
    • Changed test configuration a week ago. Triggering now on two scintillators and readout out both
    • First EVIO file has finished. Alex has copied it to /cache and it is now available.
    • Andrew: HIs plugin to access MWPC data is operational but outputs data to a .csv file. It will need to be updated to access scintillators and add ROOT plots.
    • Elton: Will contact Albert to review programs and plan updates.
    • Rory: Beni has communicated with him regarding grounding of connector to enclosure using Al foil. It seems to reduce the induced noise. Rory will try a similar procedure at UMass and think about a more robust ground procedure.
  6. hdgeant4 updates (Mark)
  7. TOF Trigger (Simon)
  8. GlueX Data Analysis
    • Alex: The analysis launch of the Spring 2018 data set with low E/P>0.4 is set to complete this afternoon.
  9. CPP Simulations
  10. PID + AI
    • Andrew is giving a talk at the AI EIC Workshop this afternoon. He showed his slides and comments/suggestions were offered.
    • Alex noted that the COMPASS Polarizability Experiment (on Ni) had an effective electric field of about 300 kV/fm.
  11. Other business
  12. Next meeting