Π polarizability Meeting Apr 8, 2020

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 10:49, 8 April 2020 by Davidl (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Info.

Meeting Time And Location

10:00 EST (JLab time)

CC L207

Connecting

You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above



  1. Previous meeting: Apr 1, 2020
  2. Announcements
  3. Update on Run
  4. Update on Engineering/Design
    1. April 2, 2020 CPP Design Meeting
    2. Screen Shots of Mechanical Design Apr 2
  5. MWPC Update - Rory
  6. Data Analysis - Andrew
  7. BH sensitivity to form factors (Rory)
  8. Preparations for Jeopardy
  9. Other business
  10. Next meeting


Minutes

Announcements:

  • GlueX NIM paper nearly complete and should go out within a week

Update on Run

  • Minimal staff from Physics division doing periodic walk throughs to check on hall and counting house
  • gluonraid3 had alarm. Part is ordered and will be repaired at next opportunity. No data was lost.

Engineering/Design

  • Met with Tim and Stephanie last week
  • Elton showed some screen caps of the CAD design Stephanie was showing during meeting
    • Looked like no clearance between HV boards on detector right (looking downstream) and darkbox. We'll need at least some clearance (Need to ask Stephanie)
    • Gas connectors may need elbows to redirect tubes away from darkbox
    • We should suggest adding cables and gas lines to CAD or at least a keep-out zone

Andrew e+e- simulation

  • Andrew showed some plots of the acceptance as a function We+e- invariant mass
  • Some issues still with acceptance being >3 in some regions.
  • Andrew will send code to David to review with fresh eyes
  • Next steps will be MVA

Jeopardy

  • Some discussion of delaying Jeopardy PAC for 1 year due to Corvid-19
  • Rory communicated to Matt S. that CPP would be ready this summer
  • We all agreed that it would be better for us to do it this year instead of next year
  • Rory showed list of preparations including outline of the 10 page document
  • May hear back within a week about any delay. Will discuss writing assignments and timeline at next CPP meeting
  • Consensus that we should still try and have Experimental Readiness Review this Fall regardless of Jeopardy schedule

Meeting Time

  • David asked if meeting time could be moved up one hour to 9am to avoid regular conflicts with various other meetings that seem to get scheduled on Wed. at 10am
  • Everyone OK with it, (except Andrew who was peer-pressured into agreeing with it)
  • Next week we will start meeting at 9am on Wed.