Π polarizability Meeting Jan 11, 2013

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 12:04, 11 January 2013 by Elton (Talk | contribs) (Minutes)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Info.

Meeting Time

9:00 EST

Connecting

We meet via Skype. The relevant Skype user names are:

  • Rory Miskimen - rmiskimen
  • Alexander Mushkarenkov - alexander_mushkarenkov
  • Elton Smith - eltonssmith
  • David Lawrence - aehsdad

some phone numbers if needed:

David: (757) 269-5567 Rory: (413) 545-2480

Agenda

  1. Previous meeting: Jan 4, 2013

Minutes

Attendees: Rory, Sasha, Elton.

  1. Previous meeting: Jan 4, 2013
  2. Beam Figure of Merit (Rory)
  3. Project List (Rory)


  1. Reviewed the beam-figure-of-merit calculations. Suggestion that the low energy threshold for integrating photons should start at pi0 threshold. RM will check to make sure the program is doing this. However, tweaking this limit will not change the conclusion that we should run the coherent peak at about 6 GeV.
  2. Reviewed task list for proposal. Should finalize target position. RM would like to see acceptance as a function of M_pipi at the standard target position, and at z=0 cm. It's important to see what improvement we can get at low M_pipi by moving the target upstream.
  3. Primakoff pi0 simulation. Sasha will focus on this sub-project. The idea is to find the acceptance at the new vertex position, and to find the reconstructed azimuthal distribution of pi0's. RM has event generator for this.
  4. Discussion of triggering: Can we trigger on 2 charged tracks in the TOF with energy in FCAL (for the pi+pi-) , ORed with 2 hits in FCAL summing up to about E_coherent_peak (for single pi0)  ? Or should we run with the standard GlueX trigger?
  5. The pi+pi- are missing the START counter. Should we remove the START counter? How will we get TOF? Can we get this from the tagger and the TOF counters?
  6. In the proposal we should plan on making the case for doing the experiment without the cherenkov.
  7. Include pi0pi0 production. RM has event generator for this.


  1. Meeting next week: Next week RM is traveling, so no meeting.
  2. Our next meeting is Jan. 24 at 9:00 EST. We should review where things stand for triggering and PID at that meeting. I

Notes submitted by Rory

Action Items

  1. Find out about lower limit to photon energy in Richard's kumac (Rory)