2012 Software Review Planning Meeting: Apr. 13, 2012
- +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
- or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)
- Previous Meeting (Apr. 6, 2012)
- Status of Review Organization (JLab organizers)
- Committee (Van Haus(chair), Marchand, McBride, Purske, +1??)
- Time-line for preparations
- April 13:
- How many talks each hall will be presenting in the morning session
- Ideas/suggestion for the parallel session
- April 23-27 - talk outlines
- April 30 - Written material for the review (RMP? See Apr. 11 e-mail from Curtis).
- May 14/15 - First draft of presentations for dry run.
- May 24/25 or 29/30 - Final talks with timed presentations.
- June7/8 Software Review at JLab.
- Organization of Hall-D preparations for Review
- Introductory talk (preliminary sildes) with notes.
- Numbers for the table
- Software Manpower within collaboration (PDF,ODS)
- 2012 Offline Computing Schedule (PDF )
- Computing Resources within the Collaboration (PDF , ODS)
- Simulation requirements (GRID, CPU, disk space)
- Reconstruction requirements (tape, CPU, disk)
- Analysis requirements (offsite transfer bandwidth/volume, CPU/GPU)
- Software Milestones/Challenges
Attendees: David L., Mark I., Elton S., Curtis M., Matt S.
Status of Review Organization
- The organizing committee has met and commitments from 4 have been obtained. Rolf is going to ask if they will add 1 more from BaBar or CLEO.
- Dave took some notes at the meeting and the discussion covered most of what was in those notes.
- Morning Talks
- We decided to split the morning session into 2 talks of roughly equal length (~20 minutes each)
- Curtis will give the introductory talk
- Mark will give the 2nd talk that lays out the numbers
- Include slide with enough GRID jargon to prove we know what we're talking about
- Rolf wanted to be notified by the end of this week (i.e. today) of our plan
- Afternoon Talks
- Dave will prepare ~40 minutes worth of slides with the assumption that the committee will interrupt and skip ahead is they want
- Calibration issues should be included
- Curtis and Matt will both be there
- Richard Jones was asked to attend
- Other names were mentioned (Paul, Kei,...)
- We should ask for a video link now to allow outside participants if possible
Time-line for preparations
- Curtis will work up outline for the 2 morning talks so we'll have them by next week
Organization of Hall-D preparations for Review
- We need to work out numbers and plan for fraction of simulation done offsite and that done onsite
- Compute resources from universities dedicated to GRID and use as what we expect to get from GRID
- Curtis will follow up with UConn on compute resources there
- Matt will send Curtis (and CC Dave) GPU resources at IU
- Need to start on TDR section that will become written material for reviewers
- We should add Cyber-security to areas of concern
- Everyone should review Mark's spreadsheet of computing resource numbers
- Notify organizers we will want a video link for at least the parallel session (David)
- Contact Regina and UConn about local computing resources and resources committed by GlueX to the OSG (Curtis)
- Send out GPU resource summary at IU (Matt)
- Prepare talk outlines for morning talks (Curtis)
- Start preparing TDR section on computing (David + Mark)
- Add cyber-security to "Areas of Concern" slide (David)
- Review spreadsheet of Hall-D computing numbers (All)