2012 Software Review Planning Meeting: Mar. 16, 2012
- 1 Connecting
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Minutes
- 4 Action Items
- +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
- or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)
- Previous Meeting (Mar. 9, 2012)
- Status of Review Organization (JLab organizers)
- Meeting with all halls and Rolf Ent on 3/14/2012
Dear all, Thanks for the work to come to concise summaries on our previous self-assigned actions. I think this has been a very useful communication and collaboration between the four Halls and other interested parties. Very good! Please find attached an example charge as given to me by Chip Watson, and once more the earlier document on planning for the software review. Here's our further tentative planning, assuming a software review June 7 + 8: Between March 29 and April 4: Followup preparatory meeting to discuss 1) few slides intro on scientific computing outlook by 2015 2) each Hall one slide on anticipated weaknesses/tight spots and one slide on planned management structure Week of April 23-27: Initial Dry Run: Talk Outlines (what you plan to present in each slide) May 14 or May 15: First Dry Run: Near-complete presentations Period of May 24, 25, 29, 30 (dates to be determined): Final Dry Run: Timed presentations Best regards, Rolf
- Time-line for Hall-D
- April 23-27 - talk outlines.
- April 30 - Written material for the review (CDR?).
- May 14/15 - First draft of presentations for dry run.
- May 24/25 or 29/30 - Final talks with timed presentations.
- June7/8 Software Review at JLab.
- Cross-Hall Collaboration
- Organization of Hall-D preparations for Review
- Introductory talk (Preliminary Sildes with notes.
- Software Manpower within collaboration (no change) (Mark)
- 2012 Offline Computing Schedule (David)
- Software Milestones/Challenges
- Computing Resources in the Collaboration