Apr 9, 2013 Calorimetry

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 14:51, 9 April 2013 by Zisis (Talk | contribs) (Minutes)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Teleconference Time: 11:00 a.m. EST

  • ESNET (Number is 8542553) and EVO session (GlueX Calorimetry meeting room)
  • Phone connection only upon request.
    • +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
    • +1-303-248-0285 : International
    • then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
    • or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)

Participant Direct Lines

  • JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
  • JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
  • Phone in the Regina Videoconference Suite is 306-585-4204
  • Athens Phone: in Christina's office is 011-30-210-727-6947

Items for followup from previous meeting(s)

  1. Monitoring
    • Supply a draft specification for preparing the surfaces of the FCAL plexiglass sheet (Athens)
  2. SiPM
    • After summary of SiPM parameters, provide data to Hamamatsu for comments (USM)

Tentative Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Action Items
  3. Monitoring
  4. FCAL
  5. BCAL
  6. Reconstruction and Simulation
  7. TDR update
  8. Calibration of Calorimeters
  9. Any other business

Minutes

Attendees: Elton, Beni, David, Yi (JLab); Matt, Kei (IU); Christine (Athens); Will, Elias, Alam, Serguei (USM), Andrei (Regina)

  1. Announcements
    • This morning we were displaced from our normal room and used Ready Talk for the meeting. Apologies to those that tried connecting via the web. It appears that starting the conference by phone only does not enable lines via the web.
  2. Action Items
  3. Monitoring
    • Athens has received the LEDs shipped by Zisis
    • Kappos has started stuffing boards. Testing should start next week
    • Writeup of the preparations of the plexiglass plane for FCAL were sent to JLab. (I have posted the note as GlueX-doc-2195)
    • Procurement contract has been formally extended till the end of May
  4. FCAL
    1. Dark Room
      • Working on components for Dark room
      • Ordering many materials
      • Plan is to machine components, do a fit at IU before delivery to JLab
      • John will likely truck the components down to JLab
      • Expect this work will take 4-6 weeks
    2. Bases
      • Completion of bases continues. Lack less than 100 to complete contract.
      • Conflict of manpower. Student has been diverted to work on cables and bundling.
      • Bases that failed testing are being reworked. Paul (Smith) has made repairs. Other problems addressed by mixing and matching components.
    3. NIM Paper
      • Many updates have been made and new draft is on the portal
      • Elton commented on the Figure that shows the overlap of trigger scintillators and prototype. Any systematics would be incorporated in differences between triggering samples.
  5. BCAL (USM)
    1. Light guides
      • A complete set of 40 is completed to respond to additional request from Jlab
      • A total of 51 non-conforming light guides have been replaced and should be shipped out within a week. This includes all 20 G type guides that need replacing.
      • There are still a total of 33 more non-conforming guides on the list. This will take another 5 days to complete.
    2. SiPMs
      • Last shipment of 360+10 SiPMs arrived at JLab last Friday. CONGRATULATIONS!
      • Elton has taken the 3 non-conforming guides and is preparing shipment to Hamamatsu for replacement.
      • The SiPMs are being sorted into bins for use in the readout assemblies. A total of 52 complete sets have been made. Need to have the "lent" units returned to JLab to complete these sets.
      • USM will investigate the best way to return the sensors that they borrowed
      • UofR has promised to ship their borrowed sensors this week.
  6. Reconstruction and Simulation (David)
    • Summarized work discussed at last Thursday's meeting
    • Proper use of high resolution TDCs in the reconstruction was discussed. There is an emerging consensus on how to proceed
    • David is working on getting the sampling tables produced by Andrei and Irina into MCSMEAR
    • A new resource feature in JANA is being used, but need to make this option the default in the nightly builds. This needs coordination with Mark Ito
    • Beni: One of the issues with reconstruction related to the code finding too many showers. This could be due to inefficient matching of charged particles with showers in the Bcal. Elton commented that at the time he looked at the showers, the track matching was not the major issue, although it contributed.
    • Beni: Looking at the event display for b1pi events, it appeared that clusters were isolated and one should be able to devise an algorithm to reconstruct them.
  7. TDR update
    1. (Reported after the meeting) Zisis is working on the BCAL section. The first 1/3 (up to but not including BCAL calibration) is complete. The remainder will be completed by around April 15.
  8. Calibration of Calorimeters
  9. Any other business
    • Will asked about timing for sending personnel to help with installation. Elton: There are installation activities that are starting now and will continue until mid 2014. Personnel to help with these activities will be very useful.