August 12, 2015 Calibration
GlueX Calibration Meeting
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
11:00 am, EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326
You can connect using BlueJeans using the meeting number 630 804 895 . (Click "Expand" to the right for more details -->):
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- Meeting ID: 630804895
- (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via iOS or Android App:
- Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 220.127.116.11 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Use *4 to unmute
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2015 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2015/ .
- Offline Monitoring Update
- Summary of Detector Performance
- Subdetector Reports
- Calibration Processing
Attendees: Mark I., Naomi J., Mahmoud K., Dave M., Paul M., Will M., Curtis M., Kei M., Lubomir P., Eric P., Luke R., Matt S., Elton S., Mike S., Justin S., Nathan S., Adesh S., Simon T.
- Kei gave a status report on the most recent offline monitoring launch (started last Friday). He has been using swif and has developed a hall-d specific wrapper in python -- details are in his second talk.
- Subdetector updates:
- BCAL -- they are working on timing calibrations; updates to ccdb imminent?
- FCAL -- working on simulations to try to understand some not-readily-understandable behaviour when looking at the Spring data and try to assess what the best possible calibration we can expect to get using the Spring data.
- FDC -- Lubomir found that the package-to-package alignment parameters differed between those derived from the Fall run and those derived from the Spring run. The fact that the trigger conditions were different might have something to do with it.
- CDC -- took some new cosmic data over the weekend. Still working on understanding straw deformities.
- Start counter -- calibrations are complete using bench data for attenuation corrections and beam data for propagation times and time walk. PID library and ccdb have been updated. Still need to work on mc variation in ccdb.
- TOF -- Brad Cannon visited for 2 weeks and has gotten up to speed with Beni's timing calibration procedure. Beni continues to work on ADC calibrations.
- Tagger -- nothing to report
- Simulations for Spring run have been completed up to smeared hddm files, but rest format files are not available yet.
- Nathan observed that disk use is large for our default builds because debug symbols are turned on by default and this suggests we may want to turn off debug symbols for our offline launches; not surprisingly it also takes longer to build and takes more memory than if debug symbols are turned off. He also observed a large difference in memory use and build time between gcc and clang.