August 15, 2008 Software
- Review minutes from August 1, 2008 Software meeting
- gxtwist location and build scheme
- Independent Tracking Studies (Mark I.)
- Kalman Filter (Simon T.)
- Action Items
The meeting will be at 1:00pm in Cebaf Center F326.
To connect by telephone: 1.) dial:
800-377-8846 : US 888-276-7715 : Canada 302-709-8424 : International
2.) enter participant code: 39527048# (remember the "#")
We will attempt an EVO connection for this meeting. We have a reasonable expectation that this will work.
Attendees: David L.(chair), Elton S., Elliott W., Sascha S., Mark I., Herun Y., Simon T., Beni Z.
Phone: Curtis M., Elka A., Blake L.
David announced that the gxtwist tagger building simulation program has been moved in the repository to the same directory containing the HDGeant source code. The Makefiles have been reconfigured to use the BMS system by default while preserving the original Makefile in the same was as was done for HDGeant some months ago.
Independent Tracking Studies
Mark gave a brief status report on the progress on the independent tracking code he is developing. At this point, he was not sure how to include the Lorentz corrections for the FDC and so the FDC is not fully included yet.
This is a work in progress. Mark , Dave, and Simon will meet privately next week just to bring everyone in sync with what everyone else is working on.
Simon gave an update on the work he is doing on the Kalman filter. The work started with just forward going tracks in the FDC, but more recently he has been incorporating hits from the CDC. He has encountered some problems with CDC only tracks. One of the more sensitive problems he has encountered is the starting values of the covariance matrix. He is currently using the track candidate resolution (plus a slight increase) to initialize the covariance. For the candidate resolutions, he is using dp/p=20%, position resolution=1cm and dx/dz is 10mrad.
Work is continuing on this and Simon expects to have some reasonable fraction of his time to devote to it over the next few months.
- Organize tracking meeting between Mark, Simon, and Dave next week (Mark, Simon, and David)
- Complete studies of CDC stereo/axial configuration to the point needed to finalize the endplate design. (David, Mark)
- Circulate proposal for software section of collaboration meeting and finalize schedule. (David)
- Inquire on mailing list as to whether there is a need to change the software meeting time with the new semester (David)