Difference between revisions of "August 15, 2019 FCAL Insert Design Meeting"
(Created page with "== Meeting Time and Place == Thursday August 15 3pm At Jefferson Lab, room TED 2504 == Agenda == * Discuss 40x40 vs 32x32 crystal assembly ** 40x40 crystal matrix layout ...")
Revision as of 15:51, 14 August 2019
Meeting Time and Place
Thursday August 15 3pm At Jefferson Lab, room TED 2504
- Discuss 40x40 vs 32x32 crystal assembly
- 40x40 crystal matrix layout Media:40x40_crystal_matrix_layout.pdf
- Decision to pre-measure stacks of crystals and the existing FCAL to determine bottom row offsets
- Shimming of row above crystals may be needed
- Discuss installing Rohacel US of crystals to fill hole and support the lead glass blocks
- Rohacel properties Media:Rohacel cut sheet.pdf
- Radiation Hardness https://p25ext.lanl.gov/phenix/mvd/notes/1997/PHENIX-MVD-97-5/radiation.html
- http://www.phenix.bnl.gov/WWW/publish/bosze/phenixnote272/radiation.html (same data)
- Discuss Tungsten absorber
- How many crystals does it cover?
- How to support it and the blocks above
- Monitoring System
- Is acrylic sheet good enough for crystals?
- How were original FCAL lead glass modules stacked?
- Matt Shepherd stated that they were rotated 90 degrees every other one and bottom row was shimmed as required.
- What should the shim material be
- 3D Screenshots
- We will go with the 40x40 matrix for the design, we will have to shim if the install changes to 32x32
- Need to define rohacell
- Need to define monitoring system
- Need to define tungsten absorber geometry
- Need to perform heat load calcs
- Need to define cable management system
- Need to define shim material