August 19, 2021 KLONG Design Meeting
Meeting Time and Place
Thursday August 19, 2021, 1pm Bluejeans https://bluejeans.com/465620466
- Present - Hovanes Egiyan, Moskov Amaryan, Stephanie Worthington, Keith Harding, Igor Strakovsky, Tim Whitlatch, Mark Stevens
- Minutes from last meeting https://halldweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/July_22,_2021_KLONG_Design_Meeting
- Beryllium sealing
- Poly compression
- Preliminary 3D Model
- Collimator Cave Beamline
- Heat absorbed by Be and Tungsten (.6kw and 6Kw respectively)
- Cool tungsten plug to below temperature that affects lead (327°C)
- 5 cm beam tube to PS and 6 cm to final target
- Moveable out of beamline
- Be 98% pure or better
Minutes and Action Items
- Looking at 3D model of collimator cave. The 2 partial shield walls should have 10 cm lead on the downstream face of the concrete
- discussed using 6 cm beampipe through wall at the mouth of the collimator cave. Need to make sure we can fit this.
- decided to use aluminum windows to isolate the vacuum in the beamline. 250 microns ok
- 10 cm distance from beryllium target to downstream vacuum window of.
- we will need to remove the vacuum chamber from the pair spec magnet and replace with a 6cm beam pipe
- use 5mm gap between beryllium and tungsten
- Received quotes for $28K and $11K for 98% pure beryllium, ok to use as little as 90% pure, will seek an additional quote
- need to look at thermal conductivity of whatever beryllium alloy is used
- Moskov asked if we should plan for 24 GeV beam requirement. Eugene thought this should be treated separately.