August 2, 2010 (11AM), Physics Working Group
Connecting to the Meeting
ESNET and EVO will be available:
1. ESNET: 85-42553 (85-HALLD)
2. An EVO room under GlueX will be reserved
+1-800-377-8846 : US
+1-888-276-7715 : Canada
+1-302-709-8424 : International
then enter participant code: 77438230# (remember the "#")
In going back through old notes, the following documents were relevant in preparing the beam estimates that were presented in the 2006 PAC 30 Documentation. See section VI starting on page 19 which provides a nice summary of the following reference works. Looking back over these documents, the following assumptions were made in computing the number of events:
- 26 weeks of running per year with a factor of 1/3 for overall efficiency.
- Reconstruction efficiency is 72%.
The first assumption is probably reasonable. The second is probably a factor of about 2 too large. The conclusions of the study was that a 1 microbarn cross section would yield 4.5(107</sup) events per year for each (107) of photon flux.
- GlueX-doc-667 The First Two Years of GlueX Physics - C. A. Meyer, Talk (2006).
- GlueX-doc-642 The First Two Years of GlueX Physics - C. A. Meyer, Talk (2006).
- GlueX-doc-621 Potential GlueX Physics During the First Two Years of 12 GeV Running - C.A. Meyer, Report (2006).
- GlueX-doc-438 A summary of expected event rates in GlueX - C.A. Meyer, Report (2005).
== Minutes ==