August 26, 2010 Des/Fab Meeting

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 06:57, 2 September 2010 by Whitey (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Time and Place

Thursday Aug 26, 2010 at 8:15am At Jefferson Lab, the meeting will be held in room ARC 428


  • ESH&Q minute
  • Announcements
  • Lehman review preparations *
  • Solenoid Test Status *
  • Civil construction Status *

Outstanding Action Items

  • Determine new positions of cryo transfer line supports and feedback to civil (Jim/Tim)* Under work - needs to be settled within the next few weeks
  • Correct platform height and location for new expansion can (make sure there is room to stab u-tubes)(Jim/Rich)* Some work done, will review next week
  • Need to develop a leak check and assy plan for cryo lines (Jim/Tom) in work
  • Consult with Scot and Mark on cryo instrumentation (Jim) in work - met with J. Creel from cryo - P&I diagrams given for review
  • Look at getting traps/strainers for power supply LCW (Tom)
  • Identify PLC programmer to take over for Mark Wissman (Tim)
  • Need to put PR out for FDC techs (Tim)


    • In attendance W. Crahen, G. Biallas, J. Fochtman, T. Carstens, C. Hutton, V. Razmyslovich, J. Lagner, F. Martin, R. Getz, J. Foyles, M. Stevens, R. Bunton, G. Humble, C. Heck, D. Butler, K. Sullivan, Josh Ballard, W. Sachleben, Tim Whitlatch
  • Discussed what to do with DOPS money ($12K). Tom suggested renting a man lift for testlab.
  • Discussed status of coil test. Tom Felt we were running into October before we can get cold. George stated that there was light at the end of the tunnel for completing the design work for the test.(only vaccum circuit, cryo connections and overall assy left)
  • Discussed upcoming (Dec) availability of the hall and what needs to happen when it is ready.
    • Need to develop plans for LCW and electrical
    • Big Bertha will be needed
    • Will we need cooling for crates?
    • Need to fabricate stands, etc.. for installation in collimator cave (including survey and alignment)
  • coil 3 ready for cold shock
  • Elliot has Linux boxes that can be used with windows in FDC space

Action Items

  • Set up for Dave to give presentation on FDC procedures at a later meeting
  • Tom to come up with a list of equipment needed.