August 29, 2008 Software

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 09:32, 8 September 2008 by Davidl (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda

  1. Review minutes from August 15, 2008 Software meeting
  2. Announcements
  3. Biweekly meeting time change discussion
    (proposed new time is 1 hour later at 14:00)
  4. Finalize collaboration meeting schedule
    Schedule circulated via e-mail on August 19th
    • 20' David L. Software Overview + framework development
    • 20' Beni Z. Hall-D Simulation status
    • 25' Blake L. or Matt S. Calorimetry Reconstruction
    • 25' Simon T. Tracking Reconstruction
    • 10' David L. Future Plans
  5. JANA framework updates PPT PDF (David L.)
  6. Action Items

Participating

Location

The meeting will be at 1:00pm in Cebaf Center F326.

Telephone

To connect by telephone: 1.) dial:

800-377-8846 : US
888-276-7715 : Canada
302-709-8424 : International

2.) enter participant code: 39527048# (remember the "#")

Video Conferencing

We will attempt an EVO connection for this meeting. We have a reasonable expectation that this will work.


Minutes

Attendees: David L., Elliott W., Beni Z., Simon T., Sascha S., Herun Y.

Phone: Blake L.

Biweekly meeting time change

We discussed changing the weekly meeting time to 14:00. This would align us with the Online meetings which recently switched to 14:00 and alternate weeks with us. The change went unopposed and it was decided to go ahead with the time change.

Note that a few days later Matt. S. notified me that the 14:00 time would simply not work for him. but a 15:00 start time on Friday's would. An e-mail notification will be sent out to see if this is acceptable to others.

Finalize collaboration meeting schedule

We briefly discussed the collaboration meeting sent out by Dave the week earlier. There were no changes suggested and all proposed speakers confirmed they could meet the schedule.

JANA framework updates

The majority of the meeting time was spent on a presentation by David L. on some of the more recent developments in the JANA framework. Key among them was the new janaroot plugin that can automatically generate ROOT TTrees based on object information obtained through the toString method of data objects.

A few other new features/ bug fixes were mentioned. A suggestion was made to better handle the situation when a non-existent file is specified on the command line.

Action items

No action items were generated at this meeting

Next Meeting

TBD