BCAL Reconstruction Meeting 2013-04-11
Teleconference Time: 11:00 a.m. EST
- ESNET (Number is 8542553) and EVO session (GlueX Calorimetry meeting room)
- Phone connection only upon request.
- +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
- or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
- Phone in the Regina Videoconference Suite is 306-585-4204
- Mar 7 Meeting
- Will's Slide 8 spikes in spectrum? Yellow bumps in Slide 4?
- Mar 14 Meeting
- Slide 2 expand scale; Slide 3 add error bars; Slide 4 Project on y-axis to compare fits (peak vs mean on Slide 5)
- Apr 04 Meeting
- Action Items
- Shower Z-Coordinate from the Amplitude Ratio Information (Andrei) GlueX-doc-2196
- Any other business
Attendees: David, Beni (JLab), Will Levine (CMU), Andrei, Zisis (Regina)
Action Item Review
There was a brief review of the outstanding action items. Some of these appear in |Will's list of known issues. Will volunteered to prioritize the list and we agreed that a brief review of the list should be made every week at the meeting. As such, these action items can be dropped from review as explicit action items each week as they will be part of the outstanding issues review.
- 3/7 item 1: Moved to list of outstanding items
- 3/14 item 1: This is specific to some plots that Will originally showed some time ago. The effort has diverted a bit from that direction so these changes are not considered high priority at the moment. Once the reconstruction gets to a more mature point, we will likely create new, similar action items as needed. Thus, we decided to drop these from the action item list.
- 4/4 item 1: Moved to list of outstanding items
- 4/4 item 2: DL made brief mention of the notes he added to last week's minutes. The edits went up fairly recently so no one had a chance to digest them much. This, couple with the fact that Andrei was pressed for time caused us to divert discussion until later.
- DL reported that some work has been done to incorporate the sampling tables into mcsmear. Technical issues are holding it up from going into the repository at the moment.
- AS reporte that Irina is working on the neutron tables and will send them to David when complete. After that, they will work on tables for charged particles.
- AS noted that charged particles have an additional compilation due to the phi angle of incidence via curvature in the magnetic field. A different parameterization for charged particles will likely be required.
- Will did not have anything to report this week, but will show something next week
- Beni has added visualization of the "incident particles" (particles flagged as entering the BCAL by hdgeant) to hdview2. This required changes in a few places in the sim-recon code as this information was used only by mcsmear up to now and not made into JANA objects. Beni has now made them into JANA objects and will commit the changes to svn shortly.
Shower Z-Coordinate from the Amplitude Ratio Information
Andrei quickly went over the results of a study done using cosmic data to determine the position resolution obtainable from a BCAL cell using only the amplitude ratio of hits from the two ends. He has done a calculation that projects the expected resolution to higher energy depositions. For larger energy depositions (>20MeV in fibers ~>200MeV total) a resolution of around 10cm is expected. See his slides for more details.