BCAL Reconstruction Meeting 2014-05-01
Revision as of 11:38, 14 March 2017 by Marki (Text replacement - "http://argus.phys.uregina.ca/gluex" to "https://halldweb.jlab.org")
Video Conferencing Information
Meeting Time: 11:15 a.m. EDT
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/660743227.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 18.104.22.168 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 660743227.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 660743227.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
- Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204
- Introduce FPGA timing algorithm to derive hit times from fADC
- "Curvature effect": incorporate Andrei's and Irina's parametrization of this effect into the KLOE and IU codes and establish that this closes the gap in cluster handling between the two codes. (Andrei/Irina)
- Start developing BDT variables for cluster handling in the BCAL Reconstruction. (Tegan)
- Constants in code should be transferred to database; list of parameters for ccdb storage.
- Action Items
- Any other business
Attendees: David L. (JLab), Will L. (CMU), Andrei, Tegan, Zisis (Regina)
- Announcements: Tegan Beattie was introduced to the group. He will start working on reconstruction and eventually BDT analysis.
- Action Items: defer discussion
- Updates: David presented slides and discussion ensued. Notes:
- Single attenuation length correction is used.
- Dark hits include cross talk. Andrei: was the performance based on the first generation boards or after the ground traces were fixed? Not sure.
- Thresholds are implemented in smear_bcal.cc
- Quadratic formula is not implemented correctly.
- Discussion: all aspects of the codes and constants need to be revisited. Use newer fADC and F1TDC data from the BCAL to set these. Ensure noise frequency is updated. Implement sampling fraction and shower curvature tables. Add new layer of classes to accommodate calibration.
- Due to BlueJeans connection issues it was decided to reconvene Part II of the meeting (Will's presentations) to Tuesday May 6, 11:15am EDT.