BLTWG Meeting 03/26/2009
- Time: 9:30 EST
- Place: EVO and ESNET (with telephone bridge)
- Connecting: instructions are here
- Present: Richard J., Igor S., Jim S., Tim W., Eugene C., Franz K, and Alex S.
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Notes by R. Jones
- Tagger design internal review at JLab - Jim
- Microscope background rates estimates - Alex
- Checkout of updated photon beam simulation geometry - Richard
- Update on the spring 2009 CHESS run - Richard
- Update on phototube tests - Franz
- Review of working group manpower situation - Richard
Notes by R. Jones
Tagger design internal review at JLab
Tim has suggested that our tagger magnet specification be shown to an internal review panel at the lab, and have it critiqued before prospective vendors do. There was unanimous support for this idea. Tim and Jim have assembled a short list of people who would be good candidates for the panel, and will work with the Hall D group leader to arrange the best time. Middle to late May is currently being considered. Tim is going to draft a charge for the review. The presentations will be made by the engineering team led by Tim, but it was thought to be useful if Franz and Richard could be present, either in person or by video conference. RJ will send to Tim a list of preferred dates for the review.