Hall-D Coding and Use Conventions
- Classes specific to Hall-D/GlueX reconstruction will have names starting with the letter "D".
- Classes specific to a subsystem should include the subsystem name in the first part of the class name. For example, all classes in the CDC package should have names starting with "DCDC"
- The suffix for C++ source files should be .cc
- The suffix for C source files should be .c
- The suffix for both C++ and C header files should be .h
- The suffix .C will be used for ROOT macros and will therefore be ignored by the make system.
- The suffix for FOTRAN files should be .F
- The suffix .f will be used for PAW macros and will therefore be ignored by the make system.
- Factory classes derived from JFactory will have names that start with the data class (subclass of DObject) which they provide with "_factory" appended. For example:
- Tagged factory classes (factories with a tag other than an empty string) will have an underscore and the tag appended to the class name. For example, a factory with the tag "ALT1" :
- Configuration Parameters in JANA should start with a common prefix and a colon to indicate the package where they are being implemented. For example, all configuration parameters implemented in the TRACKING package start with the prefix "TRK:" like this: