Controls Meeting 16-Jun-2011
Revision as of 17:44, 31 March 2015 by Marki (Text replacement - "/halldweb1.jlab.org/" to "/halldweb.jlab.org/")
- Minutes from previous meeting 2-Jun-2011
- Preliminary P&I diagram for FDC/CDC gas system Tracking Chamber Gas system - Beni
- Strategy for use of PLC vs IOC vs mixed system - Elliott
- what criteria push us one way or the other?
- E.g: gas system, CAN system, FDC cooling, target, magnets, goniometer, HV/LV channels, crate control, etc.
- Update on Brooks 0254 control IOC and CSS/BOY evaluation - Hovanes
- Mantis task tracker - now being used for controls tasks
9:30 AM Thurs 16-Jun-2011 CC F326
Thurs 30-Jun-2011 CC F326
Attendees: Elliott W, Beni Z, Tim W, Josh B, Eugene C.
FDC Gas System
Beni presented a preliminary P&I diagram for the FDC/CDC gas systems. Much discussion ensued.
- < 15 psig, non-flammable gases allow us to avoid many ASME issues. Engineers need to sign off anything > 15 psig.
- methane may be used < 5%, non-flammable, pre-mix with another gas the best strategy.
- may need special vents if there's a way for the methane to collect.
- may bubble through alcohol - anti-aging, quencher.
- CDC uses 3 L/min, FDC 1 L/min nominal.
- will use embedded controls, probably will not need any control loops in PLC.