Controls Meeting 18-Apr-2013
- Minutes from previous meeting 21-Mar-2013
- Update on FCAL dark room - Dan, John, Manuel
- Update on PLC test stand - Dave
- Counting House status - Hovanes, Elliott
- furniture, computers, networks, etc.
- EPICS update - Hovanes
- Solenoid update - Mark, Scot, Elliott
- Progress on other controls applications - Dave
- storing/retrieving PLC parameters
- What is the role of the JInventory system - All
- relation to DAQ, HV/LV control, cabling?
- need to finalize conventions and get all equipment entered
- need to purchase/print and install barcode labels
- some software improvements and bug fixes remain
- other halls interested, may provide programming manpower
- Mantis task tracker
- start using this again?
- Midas elog
- Experiment Control Supervisor - Elliott
9:30AM Thurs 18-Apr-2013 CC A110
9:30am Thurs 2-May-2013
Present: Elliott W, Dave B.
Due to the low attendance Dave and I just talked about the agenda items. The techs were busy with preparing for the solenoid test.
When he has time Dave will call Robert (Cryo group) to figure out what it would take to connect the two PLC's via ControlNet. This is relevant for eventually implementing heartbeats between PLC processors (i.e. where each PLC keeps tabs on all the others, and generates an alarm if one goes down). We also discussed ensuring the EPICS server is on a dual power supply so that it will generate alarms if the big UPS goes down.
We briefly discussed whether to and how we might expand the role of Labview for controls applications (Labview is used in the solenoid PXI system).
We also discussed how the Mantis system will perform a critical role during production running, despite the fact that during construction is has played a minor role. This is where we will log problems discovered by shift takers that need attention and tracking. Note that operators will not be allowed to make entries directly into Mantis, there needs to be a filtering step by experts or else Mantis will be filled with extraneous and duplicative entries.