Controls Meeting 23-Aug-2012

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 10:34, 31 March 2015 by Marki (Talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "/" to "/")

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


  • Announcements
    • FPGA programming tutorial by Ben Raydo on 29-Aug at Online meeting
    • Beni will talk about the Gas System in early Sep.
  • Minutes from previous meeting 9-Aug-2012
  • Hardware purchase status - Josh, Hovanes
  • Test Stand - Josh
    • SOE, Turbo pump
  • EPICS - Hovanes
  • Counting house installation - Hovanes
  • JInventory improvements - Elliott
  • Solenoid test - Mark, Josh, Scot, Elliott
    • Fasttrack schedule
    • Power supply maintenance OSP
    • Test plan, procedures, operations OSP, review
    • Vacuum, SOE, quench detector, etc.
  • PLC programming and PXI system - Josh, Dave, Yi
  • Danfysik tutorial part 3 - Sarin P.
  • Mantis task tracker
  • Midas elog

  • Experiment Control Supervisor - Elliott
  • Accelerator Elog - Elliott


Note change of location

9:30AM Thurs 9-Aug-2012 CC L102


Next Meeting

9:30am Thurs 6-Sep-2012 CC L207


Present: Elliott W, Mark S, Josh B, Dave B, Sarin P.

Most of the meeting was taken up with Sarin's presentation. A few topics were discussed briefly:

  • End of year "freeze" on 12GEV spending, need to talk with Eugene to get PO's through Procurement for all but the smallest items.
  • Josh will order 4- or 8-channel Point I/O analog input module for reading turbopump speeds.
  • Still not clear when Nerses will arrive.
  • Josh will test turbo in EEL 126.
  • SOE still on hold.
  • Waiting for a few items to complete above-rack power in Rack Room.
  • Will meet with Networking group to get fibers run from Telecom room to Rack room.
  • Elliott continues to improve JInventory functionality for housing, power and control hierarchies.
  • Solenoid test still on schedule.
  • Mark will complete Danfysik work in the next week or two.
  • Josh put out second draft of Test Plan. A number of procedures need to be written.
  • Josh and George are deriving the THA from the FMEA.
  • QD mods still waiting for confirmation from Alexander and/or Fernando.