Controls Meeting 26-Jul-2012
- FPGA programming tutorial by Ben Raydo some time in Aug at Online meeting
- Beni will talk about the Gas System next meeting
- Hall D complex A/C power monitoring restarted
- Followup by Sarin in Aug?
- Nerses should be arriving early Aug
- Minutes from previous meeting 12-Jul-2012
- Gas system - Josh
- Danfysik refurbishment: who and what? - Mark
- Hardware purchase status - Josh, Hovanes
- EPICS - Hovanes, Vanik
- motion control, alarm system, goniometer, other power supplies, etc.
- Counting house installation - Hovanes, Mark, Elliott
- do we need to communicate with both UPS and RDC?
- Solenoid test - Mark, Josh, Scot, Elliott
- Fasttrack schedule
- Maintenance and other OSP's
- Goals, test plan, procedures, reviews
- FMEA, SOE, quench detector, overcurrent protection, ground fault detector, etc.
- PLC programming and PXI system - Josh, Dave, Yi
- Test stand - Hovanes, Josh
- SOE test
- JInventory - Josh, Hovanes, Elliott
- Elogs and databases - Elliott
- Mantis task tracker
- Experiment Control Supervisor - Elliott
NOTE change of room
9:30 AM Thurs 26-Jul-2012 ARC 233
9:30am Thurs 9-Aug-2012 CC L207
Present: Elliott W, Josh B, Mark S, Scot S, Hovanes E.
- Current designs are a bit more complicated than was expected.
- Beni will give a presentation at one of the Aug Controls meetings.
- Josh is talking to Narcisco to coordinate controls choices.
- Narcisco is working on a P&I diagram.
Danfysik Power Supply
- Tom just wants to use H-D personnel to work on the supply.
- Due to his workload Mark will not much more than the minimum necessary to get the supply going for the Solenoid test.
- We'll revisit generic refurbishment and upgrades after the test.
- Mark will sort his Danfysik maintenance list into must do, should do, would like to do.
- Fire piping should go in next week.
- Supply will be moved shortly afterwards.
- Until then Mark will do whatever work he can on the unpowered supply (Klixon, SOE chains, ground fault detector, etc).
- Giles needs to get a signed maintenance OSP in the next few weeks.
- Josh ordered one Windows quad-core computer. After much discussion we decided he should order two more plus three big monitors for the test.
- Josh is having procurement return the A-B stuff from Tiger Controls and reorder from EECO (authorized distributor). Seals on some items from Tiger Controls were broken and they were more expensive than EECO.
- Elliott will identify an old Linux to be used to host the MySql database.
- Vanik will leave in mid-Aug, he is completing GUI's for various devices that use his driver.
- Nerses' arrival is delayed due to new DOE and Homeland Security regulations.
- All electrical installation parts are on order, some have arrived.
- The RDC can not be remotely monitored, we didn't purchase that option (probably not needed).
- The UPS remote monitoring card is installed but not hooked up to the network.
- Scot is 95% done with originally planned rack wiring, but see below.
- Interim vacuum system still being designed, no multi-coil vacuum manifold for the test.
- Vacuum panel will live in additional crates on the Cryo platform.
- Scot will have to work on racks when vacuum system is understood.
- Josh will tell Scot about vacuum channels that are currently known.
- Brent will finish programming network switch this week.
- Scot will have Sam help him install the switch in the racks and connect it to the network.
- The Fastrack schedule needs more realistic input concerning mechanical construction from Tom.
- Preliminary indications are that this may push going cold date back by a month.
- George should finish the FMEA in the next week or so.
- Test goals are done, Josh is now starting on the full Test Plan.
- Test Plan will refer to procedures written by other people.
- Elliott is working on the Quench Detector redesign.
- Scot will give the QD to Chris S so that he can have a look at the balance pots.
- Josh is mostly done with PLC programming.
- Now working on HMI screens.
- Dave is busy with FDC problems, Josh may take over the power supply programming effort.
- Yi will soon begin PXI programming.
- Scot will get channel assignments from Yi.
- Elliott is upgrading the overview page to display the housing parent name.
- Thus we'll need to come up with shorter "short names" (some are real long!).
- Elliott is also working on displaying the full housing, power and control hierarchies. This involves implementing a "Closure Table" in the database.
- Elliott will send out the time/date of Theo's presentation on the unified Elog.
- Please close out completed tasks.