Dec 17, 2013 Calorimetry
Teleconference Time: 11:00 a.m. EST
- ESNET (Number is 8542553) and SeeVogh session (GlueX Calorimetry meeting room)
- Phone connection only upon request.
- +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
- or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
- Phone in the Regina Videoconference Suite is 306-585-4204
- Athens Phone: in Christina's office is 011-30-210-727-6947
Items for followup from previous meeting(s)
- Provide short summary of constants and their use in determination of the sampling fraction (David)
- Provide feedback to Configuration Management document for FCAL and BCAL (Zisis and Matt/John)
- Action Items
- Discussion on raw data format for flash 250 MHz
- Reconstruction and Simulation
- TDR update
- Any other business
Attendees: David, Yi, Alam (JLab), Matt (Indiana), Sean (Northwestern), Shaun, Andrei, Zisis (Regina)
- Announcements: (Eugene) Daily reviews are taking place on the magnet.
- Action Items:
- Sampling fraction tables: David reported that Andrei's new sampling fraction tables have not yet been entered as the default in the code; we are using the old 4.2% statistical and 1.3% floor (constant) terms. The resource mechanism tools are in place but have not been used yet for things like this and the magnetic field map. David knows what to do and the sampling fraction will be the 1st implementation of the resources tools.
- Configuration management document: Elton and Zisis have started work on the BCAL. Zisis will recheck all numbers and reply to Elton by early January. John is presumably doing the same for the FCAL.
- Monitoring: Zisis finished the paperwork (final proofs) with NIM so the monitoring paper will be out in a few days.
- Discussion on raw data format for flash 250 MHz. There is a meeting this afternoon on the flash125 and Naomi will present her ideas. Nothing new on the flash 250 discussion since the last Calorimetry Meeting.
- FCAL: Matt reported that the final touches in the dark room are being put in. Also, the bases are being reprogrammed with the new firmware, which in the future will allow updates over the bus instead of cabling each bases one by one to a laptop. The work on the environment interlocks is also progressing and the FCAL will be powered up soon.
- BCAL: Eugene reported that the N2 leaks are being fixed gradually and are at a considerably more manageable level now. Parts for the cooling tube insulation have arrived. The cooling system will run at +16 C initially. No final decision on whether to use glycol or just H2O. Power to the BCAL racks should come before Xmas. Cabling is in progress. Trigger optical fibers installed.
- Reconstruction and Simulation: Andrei delivered the shower curvature files to David. Will Levine's cuts (by hand) will be translated by him into a BDT analysis and more variables will be added later.
- TDR update: Eugene asked that folks work on their TDR sections. Zisis reminded everyone that Mike Dugger is chasing this and we have a first deadline of the February Collaboration Meeting to deliver.
- Calibration: Some discussion took place in connection to calibration, conditions and geometry databases. David stated that the long term plan is to have the core geometry in XML and deviations from the ideal in the database.
- Any other business: Their are some issues that need to be resolved with CODA.