Dec 3, 2013 Calorimetry

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 16:12, 24 February 2017 by Marki (Talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "http://argus.phys.uregina.ca/cgi-bin/private" to "https://halldweb.jlab.org/doc-private")

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Teleconference Time: 11:00 a.m. EST

  • ESNET (Number is 8542553) and SeeVogh session (GlueX Calorimetry meeting room)
  • Phone connection only upon request.
    • +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
    • +1-303-248-0285 : International
    • then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#").
    • or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)

Participant Direct Lines

  • JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
  • JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
  • Phone in the Regina Videoconference Suite is 306-585-4204
  • Athens Phone: in Christina's office is 011-30-210-727-6947

Items for followup from previous meeting(s)

  1. Revisit raw data format for Flash-250 MHz following Flash-125 MHz discussion. (Elton to send out info before next meeting) Links added to meeting agenda and discussed during meeting.
  2. Provide short summary of constants and their use in determination of the sampling fraction (David)

Tentative Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Action Items
  3. Monitoring
  4. Discussion on raw data format for flash 250 MHz
  5. FCAL
  6. BCAL
  7. Reconstruction and Simulation
  8. TDR update
  9. Calibration of Calorimeters
  10. Any other business

Minutes

Attendees: Yi, Alam, Elton, John, David (JLab); Zisis, Shawn, Andrei (UofR)

  1. Announcements
  2. Action Items
  3. Monitoring
    • Paper has been accepted. Already online. Final proofs in review
  4. Discussion on raw data format for flash 250 MHz
    1. Level-1 Trigger#Manuals
    2. GlueX-doc-2274 FADC125 Data Format
    3. Proposal to add tag=9 to Flash 250 MHz, which combines time and summed output, as proposed for the Flash125.
      • Proposal accepted by group. Elton and David to meet with group at JLab to come up with definite proposal for feedback from this group
      • Check dynamic range of proposed TDC time and summed signal
      • Ideas for use of quality factor/pedestal bits: 10 bits for pedestal, 3 bits overflow, 2 bits quality factor.
  5. FCAL (John)
    • Complete dark box in about 1 week
    • Upstream cover ready to hang this afternoon or tomorrow
    • Downstream side:
      • patch panel completed
      • LED monitoring cables/system done (lacking 4 external cables)
      • External cables for power and control for bases installed
      • Complete enclosure by installing 3 pieces of Al, planned for the next few days
      • Still need to complete some re-programming of slow controls, planned for the next week
      • Fcal DAQ meetings have begun to organize the readout activities with Sasha and Marc.
      • Expect to turn on in about a week
      • (Elton) Need to check that fire protection for the dark room is on track to be installed and ready for turn on.
      • (Zisis) How was the monitoring system checked so far? (John) Temporary pulser system was used to check that appropriate LEDs light up when pulsed.
  6. BCAL
      • Cabling is complete (except for a small section left open for access to the interior of the solenoid)
      • Cooling lines are all installed, but insulation is still needed
      • Nitrogen system up to BCAL has been installed and pressure tested. Flow meters need to be added to connect BCAL to the system.
      • Power is installed on the south racks, north will be added shortly.
    1. BCAL cosmic rays (Shawn)
      • Time-walk corrections are being finalized for the cosmic ray runs. Results will be shown next time.
      • (Elton) What is the distribution of minimum-ionizing in the tested modules? Normalization compared reasonably week to expectation with a variation of about 15%. Angular corrections to the peaks will be done once the time-walk corrections are complete.
      • Summary of tw corrections and normalization will be shown at the next meeting.
    2. Single fiber single-photoelectron normalization (Andrei)
      • Completed a reanalysis of the number of photoelectrons for fiber QA tests
      • Latest analysis was more systematic than previous and is now completed. Need final iteration and an update to the documentation
  7. Reconstruction and Simulation
    • Giovanni has obtained his JLab account and is now starting to use the JLab cluster
  8. TDR update
    • Elton: Hall D needs to comply with the JLab Configuration Management program. For this we will summarize each subsystem in description tables. The collection of summaries will be controlled by Eugene and a system owner. Changes need to be documented and signed. Elton has started on a draft using the BCAL and FCAL as examples and would like feedback from others in the group. Will distribute draft to John/Matt and Zisis for comments.
  9. Calibration of Calorimeters
  10. Any other business