Feb 7, 2019 Calorimeter
Revision as of 17:14, 6 February 2019 by Elton (Created page with "''<font color=red>Meeting Time: 11:00 a.m.</font>'' # To join via a Web Browser, go to the page [https://bluejeans.com/907185247] https://bluejeans.com/907185247. # To join v...")
Meeting Time: 11:00 a.m.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/907185247.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 18.104.22.168 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 907185247.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 907185247.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- Upon connection all microphones are automatically muted. To unmute your mike on a Polycom or equivalent unit, enter *4. Unmuting on a computer is trivial as there is a microphone button than can be clicked.
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084 (usual room)
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460
- Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204
- Athens Phone: in Christina's office is 011-30-210-727-6947
Goals for Calorimetry Group
- Determine preliminary photon reconstruction efficiencies as a function of E, phi and theta in data and simulation with a point-to-point precision of at least 5%.
- Measure systematics of pi0/eta mass calibration as a function of detector position to a precision of at east 5 MeV.
- Demonstrate agreement of photon reconstruction efficiency and resolution between data and simulation as a function of E, phi and theta to within 5%.
- Complete Calorimeter work packages
- Fix FCAL online monitoring plugin to properly plot low level digi quantities in 2D displays. 2D display of pedestal is hard to get because occupancy plot is filled in a different loop. (Tolga)
- BCAL: Check pulsing rate of LED triggers when FP trigger bit is missing (start with early runs in fall 2018). With discerning software, check pulsing rate of later runs where it appeared that the downstream FP LED bit was not firing. (Ahmed)
- BCAL: Check that latest gain ratios are uploaded for spring 2018 (Mark).
- From Mike's work: -cos(phi) type dependence in the data and a phi dependence at the downstream end of the bcal. See Sep 21, 2017 Calorimeter Meeting.
- FCAL: It has been noticed that the pi0 mass shifts when the LED pulser runs at high rate. This is still not understood. See Log Entry 3595928 and references.
- Action Items
- Review of Goals for the Calorimetry Group (see section above)
- Complete list of Calorimeter Work Packages
- Run Updates
- BCAL gain calibrations for spring 2018 File:Summary 24jan BCAL gains.pdf
- Reconstruction and Simulation
- Updates from Richard?
- Costhe Efficiency Method (Elton) - postpone to next meeting
- Log 3642018 Update on BCAL Hadronic Efficiencies - postpone to next meeting
- NIM articles
- Any other business